- 01-06-2013, 08:41 AM #1
Hey everyone, i finally got my blue 8x, and its nothing but amazing, i did alot of research about the phone on the internet before i go and buy it.
im still saying its wonderful phone, but i just had some minor issues and some questions, hope you guys can help me.
1. battery life is scary for a new phone, i get only 6 hrs on medium use.
2. the ams/mms delivery system is disappointing.
3. i synced my phone to my mac to get some music on it, Yes i got the music but cant see the artworks and the background image on lock screen.
4. skype app still bad, also i cant log out of it ( and this is annoying )
5. disappointed by the fact that i can use the LED notification light for Sms/e-mail/missed called. Just for charging and low battery, wish there was an app to customize it.
despite all that its a great phone and im glad that i got it.
thank you guys in advance.
01-06-2013, 09:21 AM #4
- 79 Posts
I had mine off the charger at 10am yesterday, and just plugged it in a few minutes ago with around 25% left. That was moderate use in a mostly low signal area. It improves dramatically in a couple weeks once the OS is fully set up and the battery gets a few cycles in.
Skype works fine for me, but its really only for video or audio chats on my end, so I don't know what to tell you there.
SMS and MMS also work fine for me. What are you wanting it to do?
Notification LED should have had more uses baked in. Even my wife's old Inspire and current OneX do. Not sure why HTC flubbed that.
Music sync on Mac I can't touch, since I'm a Windows guy. But, WP support has been nearly as atrocious as iTunes on Windows, so I'm sure there is some backwards way to do it. I use cloud based music services anymore.I carry a fleet!
Samsung Galaxy S2
Now featuring more Sprint!
HTC EVO 4G LTE
How's that for a geek pathology!
- 01-06-2013, 10:05 AM #5
it seems that battery life will improve with time.
wish there was an app just like LightFlow on Galaxy s3 to make the LED work for ams and e-mails.
about the SMS/MMS thing . it works pretty well, its the when the message is delivered, i get a NEW text showing me that the message was delivered. i came from Blackberry, i had an easy convenient system when i see a Tic when the message sent, and a "D' over it when the message is delivered. Its not that big deal to me, just to say.
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM #7
- 90 Posts
Hope this helps you enjoy your new phone more! :)
01-06-2013, 03:48 PM #9
- 2,299 Posts
Battery life improves over time here's a scenario. Friday I took my phone off the charger around 9:15am, streamed some music, did some web browsing, went on a date which involved some picture taking and bus tracking then web browsed some more and streamed music during my commute. I returned home at about 7:50pm with 20% charge remaining.For the album art I used the find album info option in Windows media player on windows 7 to fix it. Maybe iTunes has a similar option. As for Skype there currently is no way to sign out but it doesn't use any battery life when signed in it seems.
- By snaqvi91 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 11-27-2012, 06:34 AM
So I'm getting my 8X tomorrow. How exactly should I set it all up to get the best battery life etc.?By aventador779 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 25Last Post: 11-25-2012, 10:57 AM
- By lancguy in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-20-2012, 12:00 PM
- By btbam91 in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 04-17-2012, 08:46 PM
- By jalb in forum HTC TITANReplies: 15Last Post: 12-20-2011, 03:24 AM