- 01-01-2013, 04:05 PM #1
It's been a run around to try and get a red 8x.
After suffering a few reboots the past day or so, I was going to exchange it at the store for a red one. Apparently, the red phone is a "special order." Not sure what that means. In fact, according to the sales rep the red 8x my brothter has he is lucky to have because it was sent to them mistakenly or something. They only have Blue or Black.
So we came home, tried to call telesales to order the 8x via the phone...Apparently, the RED 8x and the BLUE 8x are out of stock....they only have black(poor black...nobody really wants you lol)
So then we tried verizon online sales...but the red one apparently is in "Pre-order" status and it won't ship out till the 4th.
So my dad will likely buy it either online with Verizon and i'll have it by friday OR buy it from Wirefly and i'll get it by thursday. The only issue I have with this is the fact that i hear Wirefly is a bit sketchy or something. Same goes for Lets talk(it's 59.99 at Let's talk with free overnight shipping)
I am a bit disappointed because i really want to start setting my phone up but there is no point since I am going to exchange it out anyway.
But based on my experience to try and get red one...the red 8x is obviously the most popular of the 3 colors.
off-hand: those verizon reps are obviously not that bright. The guy tried to tell me that no red 8x exists....i was like dude...yes it does lol. He's like they only come in White, blue or black. They need to train their store reps better.
01-01-2013, 05:18 PM #3
- 15 Posts
It is definitely either very popular or production for the color just isn't as high as the other two. I bought a red 8X from an online retailer and had to wait almost a week since it was backordered when I could've had the other colors the same day. Most other retailers I checked don't have it either except for Verizon. If you want the particular color, it might be worth the wait.
- 01-01-2013, 08:29 PM #6
I hear you on wanting the red 8X as that is my favorite of the three (well, besides the employee edition gray and limelight yellow). If I was you I would buy direct from Verizon (I work for them, but hear me out) for two reasons:
1. You already purchased your blue one. It really depends on how long ago this was, but the only other way if you then purchase from another retailer is to return your device (must be within first 14 days as that is the return period) and then be charged a non refundable $35 restocking fee. You can argue this on the phone as you got a defective unit, but if you then buy from another retailer Verizon won't care as they have to pay that retailer and they don't own the hardware you just bought.
2. If you buy from another retailer (especially one online) if you have another warranty situation you have to go through them and some will require you send the device back and then they will send you another device after which will keep you without a phone. It is a real problem believe me.
Call care (*611 from device or 1.800.922.0204) and tell them you want to replace your device as it is having problems, but make sure you tell them you want a different color. They can charge you the $35 restocking fee though as you are technically using the Worry Free Guarentee which even if it is for a different color they will charge you a restocking fee as it is technically a different device. If you don't go this route and order from Wirefly then you will have to return the device and wait for a refund (unless you purchased this from a direct Verizon store and not a 3rd party retail or otherwise all of above will happen anyways.)
Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.
- By Ruined in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2012, 04:52 PM
- By BIGPADDY in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 12-08-2012, 03:42 PM
- By _Xitrum in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 10-21-2012, 10:14 PM
- By avaryj in forum HTC TITANReplies: 4Last Post: 09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
- By Pete C in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 28Last Post: 06-01-2011, 03:08 PM