anyone know/think this will be available on other carriers, like AT&T? I'm hoping it is a limited time exclusive, I can wait.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Its only Verizon exclusive and I haven't heard the international having wireless charging.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    Thanked by:
    Flagz 

Its only Verizon 8X's that have wireless charging. I definitely know that UK carriers don't have wireless charging, in the 8X's.
    I have an unlocked version from Verizon. How can I know if I have wireless charging?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The fact that it's a Verizon version.

Posted from my Verizon Employee Edition DROID DNA #01749.

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    All Verizon 8x's are unlocked, and all have qi charging.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    You can wait for the hardware then manually installing the charging coil.
    Do you guys know what wireless charger can I use with my phone? Does the chargers for Lumia works with HTC 8X? I read somewhere that the LG Pad Works, but I can't find it anywhere.

Anything which uses the Qi wireless charging standard will work, the Lumia charger works great.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Im using the Nokia Fatboy charging pillow. It came with my employee edition Verizon HTC 8X (gray with limelight yellow). It works great. I've heard since it is a Qi charging that any Qi wireless charging product should work. I know all the ones Verizon sells will work (I work for Verizon). Hope this helps

BTW the Nokia Fatboy wireless charging pillow is on sell from Verizon right now for $59.99 I think. The original price I believe is $99.99. Pick one up it works great
    Thanks guys, for the reply. I will check the offer on Verizon site.

Can't we find a case for non-verizon devices like the ones for iphones which enables qi charging??

Quote Originally Posted by ygtgngr View Post
    Can't we find a case for non-verizon devices like the ones for iphones which enables qi charging??
    Its way too early for that, and it all depends on demand. The biggest problem is that a charging case would add significant bulk, and take up the micro-usb connector. I have seen the cases for iPhones and they are massive and add about 1" to the lower part of the phone. This phone is already way tall.

I hope that someone will come up with a home brew mod to install the inductive coil yourself, that is if the non-Verizon units have the room for it. Does anyone know if it does?

I don't really like exclusives, but get the value of them. It sure doesn't make sense though to permanently restricting a popular feature from a large user base. I'm still hopeful it will come to ATT 8X's soon.