Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    2,452 Global Posts
    Like always, you have to remember that the people complaining are often the vocal minority. People who have totally working phones don't really come around here to post "My phone works perfectly!" but those who have issues (who just about always are a small minority) often post about the problems to find out if others have the issue or if there is any fix to it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    My phone works perfectly! ...as long as I stay away from Skype.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm happy with my 8x, after 1 month and more than 50 apps installed I don't see any problem...

Sent from my HTC 8X using Board Express

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Word With Friends was fu**ing with my emotions. I uninstalled, and I'm happy again.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Not really, my battery drains like crazy. Really cant figure out why, did everyhting, disconnected everything etc...
    It's new, just had 3 full charges but still, I expected more

Absolutely love it, just miss navigation but that's on Microsoft
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've had my 8x since mid December. Haven't had any issues. One of my friends has an iPhone 4s and he was jealous of how nice the hd screen looked.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Tavares2 View Post
    Not really, my battery drains like crazy. Really cant figure out why, did everyhting, disconnected everything etc...
    It's new, just had 3 full charges but still, I expected more
    maybe replace? I got 21 hours yesterday with light usage, I get 12-14 with heavy usage
    - Gamertag -
    the teams Flag

www.FLAGZ.net
    @FlagzTV

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    maybe replace? I got 21 hours yesterday with light usage, I get 12-14 with heavy usage
    What brightness setup do you use?
    The only thing I still have is brightness on High, because I hate to use phones with low brightness, I wonder if that alone is enough to drain

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    What brightness setup do you use?
    The only thing I still have is brightness on High, because I hate to use phones with low brightness, I wonder if that alone is enough to drain
    I use low, when I use high I still get like 5-6 hours out if it
    - Gamertag -
    the teams Flag

www.FLAGZ.net
    @FlagzTV

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    I use low, when I use high I still get like 5-6 hours out if it
    well, I can also get around 5 or 6 hours, thats what im calling battery drain...
    Are you telling me that this phone, with high brightness only lasts 5 or 6 hours? Thats crazy, I could get 2 full days out of my 4s...

well, I can also get around 5 or 6 hours, thats what im calling battery drain...
    Are you telling me that this phone, with high brightness only lasts 5 or 6 hours? Thats crazy, I could get 2 full days out of my 4s...
    I get on average around 20 hours of battery life, dependent on if I start streaming video or playing games. Also dependent on what kind of reception I am getting at work. My office seems to drain the battery a little faster due to bad signal. I have nothing turned off except Wifi and NFC, since I dont use them. And my brightness is also not set to low.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, LG G2, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, Archos 101, Archos 70
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I love my 8X, but only T-Mobile and unlocked users have gotten the Portico update.

I'm kicking myself for being on AT&T. They haven't even announced plans for Portico for the 8X on that carrier.
    Well if you got the 920, you would've had it. Curious, why get the 8X on AT&T versus the 920? Like I said, I'm curious. I'm not saying the 920 is better.

Like most of the folks here, I love my 8X. I've had it since it was released.

In fact, the more of my friends who pull out their 920, the more some of them mention buyers remorse about getting the Lumia 920. The 8X has better music (via the headphone when Beats Audio kicks in). They're baffled that the 920 gets the limelight because of its camera since my 8X shots look just as good as theirs. And even though it's only 50g lighter, the slimmer size and weight when compared to the 920 makes a lot of Lumia owners downright jealous.

That said, I've found (thanks to these forums and personal experience) the Skype app and native Facebook apps contribute heavily to battery drain. And some apps (many of the high-graphic weather apps) seem to burn through the battery faster than the rest of my apps. But once I found and eliminated those, I've been getting a consistent 16+ hours with moderate to high usage. I'm looking forward to the Portico update since so many have indicated even further improved battery life.

Add the Nokia Qi charger (works perfectly on the 8X) and the inexpensive Verizon silicone cover (adds 2mm of protection in front of the standard flush screen) and you've got a well-protected, sturdy, super-capable phone that's not only the best smartphone I've owned, but makes some 920 owners think twice about their choice.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I'm very happy with my 8X on T-Mobile (USA). Using location in the HTC app seemed to kill my battery, so I deleted it and installed Amazing Weather HD, then configured it to update my home city every 2 hours. Since then, it's been great.

I mean, I could complain about apps - both quality and quantity - but those aren't HTC's fault.

I don't regret my purchase, but the "new" is definitely starting to wear off. Actually, around the charger port and flash, it is wearing off quite literally! The matte finish is peeling away on my phone. I didn't want to get a case, since it is a beautiful phone, but I guess I'll have to.

I have the Verizon version and I wouldn't call it my favorite phone of all time, but it is a great improvement (understatement) over the Trophy. I love the wireless charging, the screen and camera (the Trophy's worst specs), the HTC app, and battery life. I've had two reboots since I've owned it, but they didn't really bother me. I have also been underwhelmed when it comes to apps. I wish that Microsoft would get it together when it comes to Xbox Music, and I wish there were more WP8 apps (I'm looking at you, WPCentral!). I also wish there were more apps that actually used the lenses feature. However, most of my complaints can be fixed with time, so I've been trying to be patient.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Very happy. I really like the look and feel of the thing. So far the weave reader is my most used app as well as metro radio. All n all good stuff.
    Very happy with my 8X on T-Mobile. After the recent update, battery life improved even further.

2 gripes:
    1. The wake button is too far flushed in. Sometimes takes couple of attempts. Ideally, would have loved press of windows button (center) to wake up the phone
    2. Navigation really sucks with bing (more on MS)

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepAustinWeird View Post

2 gripes:
    1. The wake button is too far flushed in. Sometimes takes couple of attempts. Ideally, would have loved press of windows button (center) to wake up the phone
    2. Navigation really sucks with bing (more on MS)
    HTC has always had quality issues with the freakin power\wake button. On every HTC android phone and the hd7 I've had, the power button was too recessed. Had to use finger nail to press.

love mine so far had it since tues. morning and not charging my battery tonight and still have 39 percent i have red and no black stuff no problem that devices have just a design flaw which is the power button you get used to it but it is so flush that today while i wasn't looking i was pressing the bottom of the phone because it was upside down and didnt realize it until i looked...a case power button covered or not covered will fix it but still have to decide
    mine it verizon so no update yet but battery will only get better

I like it a lot. Don't have anything to complain about.
    However I wished it had a better sync app ~_~

I have had mine for 7 weeks now on O2 in the UK and I cannot fault it. I did suffer with the reboot problem but once I got the Portico update that problem was sorted right away and since then I have had no problems with it. Battery life is better than previous Windows 7.x phones I have owned and the screen clarity is fantastic. If I have a tiny niggle about it then it is the fact that there is no way to use a memory card, but it may well be that I will never actually need one, only time will tell that ! I am more than delighted and give it 12 out of 10 !

HTC 8X is awesome! I was aware of reboots when bought it, but after update everything works.
    I miss Instagram and Flipboard, but apps will come. I'm very satisfied with it and I'm also getting positive response from my friends who are curious about my new phone, they all like it and are surprised how cool it looks and feels.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    My first 8x died within 24 hours of getting it. Had to get a new one. This second one, its been 3 weeks already and so far its going great

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Very happy with mine, all my family (Android and iOS) users wanted to play with it over Christmas and commented how pretty it looks. Only complaint is that Nokia Lumia phones get a lot more exclusive apps, HTC doesn't have anything good. That's only a temporary issue, eventually exclusivity will run out, so it was worth the trade off for me. IMO its the most beautiful phone from an aesthetic design that is available now for any phone OS.

No battery issues, no discoloration, no creaking or anything. Phone and screen feels solid, and I have no scratches or anything and don't use a case or screen protector.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast