Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Am I crazy for keeping my unlimited and potentially buying the HTC 8X at full price? I am sick of waiting for a phone I really want and part me on principle alone does not want to loose my unlimited data. Then again I can get it for $49.99 (no tax and shipping via Amazon Wirless and have 4GB of data with hotspot for same price as unlimited with hotspot. It's bad enough I am unsure to get the HTC 8X but now I am unsure if I should keep my unlimited data. LOL I need help.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    I did. Paid $449 at my local att store. I'm holding out on signing a new contract until October 2013 when me and my wife can combine our accounts.
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I paid $607 (€459) for mine but it's locked for 6 months or whenever I spend €120 on credit which I will in a few months.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I did it! Full price! Black version only cause Blue is backordered! I am done waiting for a phone. My TP2 is screen is completely dead. Can't wait to get my phone! Then I will be able to enjoy WP8 and the forum better. :)

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by segadc View Post
    I did it! Full price! Black version only cause Blue is backordered! I am done waiting for a phone. My TP2 is screen is completely dead. Can't wait to get my phone! Then I will be able to enjoy WP8 and the forum better. :)
    Congrats! Seeing pictures of the black one and I actually really like it. I got the blue one because it was the only one available but I might have gotten it either way lol.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    I paid full price as well

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I paid full price for mine since I'm grandfathered into an unlimited plan with Verizon. I actually picked mine up at the Microsoft store and luckily enough they had just gotten the blue ones in the day before and had them in stock. I ended up paying the retail $550 for mine.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I paid full price on Verizon for a blue 8X since I'm tied into contract but I can't help but be happy to be back on Windows Phone from Android.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clindhartsen View Post
    I paid full price on Verizon for a blue 8X since I'm tied into contract but I can't help but be happy to be back on Windows Phone from Android.
    Which Android phone did you have and why are you glad to have stopped using it? I just sold my GS3 for the 8X and I love it but I still have a Nexus 4 (which I haven't been using ever since I got the 8X)

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ibs View Post
    Which Android phone did you have and why are you glad to have stopped using it? I just sold my GS3 for the 8X and I love it but I still have a Nexus 4 (which I haven't been using ever since I got the 8X)
    I previously used a Droid RAZR and was frustrated with the Camera, some pieces of the Android experience, as well as performance was never great on the device. Battery life was also frustrating on the RAZR.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clindhartsen View Post
    I previously used a Droid RAZR and was frustrated with the Camera, some pieces of the Android experience, as well as performance was never great on the device. Battery life was also frustrating on the RAZR.
    I'm sure you would have had better battery life with the MAXX :P

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    All I know is I am going to use my unlimited data like crazy lol. Hopfully VZW doesn't throttle speeds. Hmm... I guess there is no way around paying for the hotspot feature? I have been doing that forever for free so it will be weird to be charged for it....

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    i'm thinking of doing this for the 8x at tax time?? crazy? maybe. but wants to get back on windows phone!
    Brad

back home to windows phone!!! Lumia 620, AIO Wireless.

I paid full price as well, I want to keep my unlimited data.

I was able to keep my unlimited with some phone shifting, but only paid $49 after walmart giftcard.

I have five lines on my verizon family plan.

You don't have to pay full price for the 8x if you are on Verizon and you have have a basic phone on your account. I bought the 8x subsidized and I still have unlimited data.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, LG G2, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, Archos 101, Archos 70
    Paid full price as well. As I do with all my phones. I'm on an old minutes package and unlimited data with AT&T. Don't really want to give up either.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Also bought mine. I am happy I did.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I paid full retail for a Verizon red one so I can use on any carrier

I paid full price, six months until I'm up for renewal, but my Trophy has problems and the camera is crap, so I didn't want to wait.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Paid full price for my black 8X. Coming from a galaxy nexus.. Super happy!

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I did on VZW in hopes that a Nokia is coming in early 2013, if so I'll sell my 8X and get that on contract,