Just got an update for "Beats Audio" a few hours ago, but couldn't find the change log anywhere.

Does anyone know what's new / improved?

Where does it show up? in the store?

Yeah it shows up in the store updates. Not sure what's changed though.

Hopefully it's something to do with the crackling issue.

What crackling issue? Maybe they should put in some info on what the crap is in the update.

I hope it fixes the audio issue. It occurs with me after unplugging my device from the audio cable. The next time my phone makes an audible noise it sounds like ****. So far I haven't had this happen since the beats update but it's too soon to tell.

My only issue was if I had music playing and plugged in the cable for speakers or headsets all audio would vanish. Had to reboot to get it working again. May be the same issue just not getting the crackle.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgraves4480 View Post
    My only issue was if I had music playing and plugged in the cable for speakers or headsets all audio would vanish. Had to reboot to get it working again. May be the same issue just not getting the crackle.
    I've had this same issue, even had it occur after taking a photo with headphones on.

Got the update, no idea what it fixes.

It seems that the crackling sound has been addressed. Since before I used to listen to music, then receive a call...ended the call and when the music came back, the crackling sound was present. I had to stop the music, unplug the headphones, re-plug and play again and I was good to listen to music again. Now listening to music, received a call and after the music resumed and there was no crackling sounds! YES!.....but..... Is it me or we lost some bass with that update. Maybe I'm crazy but before I used to have more bass...

Let me know if I'm the only one that has less bass then before after the Beats Audio update.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I noticed that when I had a headphones in and had to make a call... the volume would only go up to 10 of 10. I dont remember how it was before... I dont *think* it was like that???

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    Havent seen what it really updated yet, I haven't experienced ANY issues whatsoever (missing audio, crackling) so I guess I've been lucky. (: So I guess for me maybe the update did nothing since there was nothing wrong to begin with, and I listen pretty much 2-3 hours a day (when I'm off work, or not sleeping or gaming).

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    phone call volume has always been 10/10
    Thanked by:

Proved today that whatever the update did fix, it did NOT fix the crackle issue.
    You have a crackle when you plug in your headphones? That would be a defective connector. I would ask for an exchange.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Before the update, turning Beats Audio on/off made a noticeable difference. With it on, my music sounded AMAZING! Seriously made my car stereo super powerful and tons of bass. After the Beats Audio update, it sounds bad. Less bass. And turning Beats Audio on/off has absolutely no effect at all. Nothing. I even tried a hard reset and it did not fix it. I think I might try another hard reset and choose to not install the backup made to Microsoft's cloud. Wish me luck. This has me seriously PO'd.

i agree with you guys i feel we lost some bass, i never faced any issues before the update
    does anybody know how to revert back ?

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Yeah I noticed the drop in bass, I was only able to listen with headphones on 25, but now I can listen to 30!, I only get the pop with wired headsets not Bluetooth.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I also had a big difference between Beats being on and off before the portico update, now after the update there seems to be very little difference. Seems to have made beats worse for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Maserati Storm View Post
    Yeah I noticed the drop in bass, I was only able to listen with headphones on 25, but now I can listen to 30!, I only get the pop with wired headsets not Bluetooth.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    your eardrums must be dead by now... I set my volume to 1 with Beats On and it's plenty loud enough.

@Doom At Last: what's your headphones brand?

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom At Last View Post
    your eardrums must be dead by now... I set my volume to 1 with Beats On and it's plenty loud enough.
    Yeah seriously what great/really distorted headphones are you using? I use Nokia Purity On-Ears and In-Ears both by Monster and I always had to set it to only 25 before update, but now have to set it to 30 to recreate same experience.
    Gamertag: the teams Flag
    Microsoft Enthusiast; T-Mobile Revolutionist; Hip Hop Evolutionist

will factory reset erase the update?