- 12-15-2012, 09:21 PM #1
Hi! I just got an HTC 8X a couple days ago (switched from Galaxy Nexus) and I'm on a 2GB data plan since I use my ipad for nearly everything; but I heard a lot about windows phone not keeping a wifi signal when it goes to sleep. So does this mean that even when I see the wifi logo in the top when I'm at the Lockscreen, its still not working? When wifi is enabled, does it disable 3G automatically? This is elementary but I didn't want to go over my data because the OS can't turn off 3G when in wifi.
- 12-16-2012, 04:59 AM #4
As stated above, you can now select wifi to stay on permanently even when the phone is "sleeping", I would add that the 8x has the best radio reception (cellular, Bluetooth and wifi) of any htc phone I have owned (which have been many). Cellular reception has been a revelation to me, I get a good signal in my house where my HTC Titan and HTC One x would have struggled. I also get a great fast cellular signal at my local curry house where previously I could only get a low speed signal, great for browsing the footie results on a Saturday evening while I wait for my take away!
12-16-2012, 06:10 AM #6
- 622 Posts
When you connected to WiFi your data goes over WiFi. Tip: Use Edge when you don't need fast data or are on WiFi. It conserves a lot of battery.*** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
- By MikeInBA in forum HTC 8XReplies: 11Last Post: 10-05-2012, 03:54 PM
- By vp710 in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 6Last Post: 09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
- By baileystein in forum HTC 8XReplies: 9Last Post: 09-16-2012, 09:25 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 14Last Post: 09-07-2012, 03:24 PM
- By lnin0#wp in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2011, 12:08 PM