Many people are reporting the corners of the 8x turning black as well as random black streaks on the backs of the devices. I wonder if it could be due to heat? Many people have reported their devices getting really warm. Others have said that the phones get hot during wireless charging. The corners of the phone are a prime area for heat to leak out from inside the device. Streaks on the back could be areas where the devices are coming in contact with heat from the wireless charging mats.

Heat could be causing the soft touch coating to discolor. This is just an idea I am throwing out there...what do you think?

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    Sounds reasonable since I'm a Tmobile 8X owner and I have NO black corners or streaks. My pho e rarely even gets warm and I'm a heavy mobile gamer and Netflix addict. Wireless charging with a toss of heat could be causing the streaks.
    Gamertag: the teams Flag
    Microsoft Enthusiast; T-Mobile Revolutionist; Hip Hop Evolutionist

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    it's the soft coat and HTC has known about the issue for awhile... just google "dirty HTC one x"

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The One X doesn't have a similar coating -- it's just plastic versus rubberized finish on the 8X.

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    The One X doesn't have a similar coating -- it's just plastic versus rubberized finish on the 8X.
    There is a similar soft touch coating on the One X...many people reported it getting stained and/or rubbing off to show shiny polycarbonate underneath...similar to what people are reporting with the 8x.

It's unfortunate. One person even sanded off all of the soft touch coating on his One X and at the end had a shiny polycarbonate phone.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Those aren't US models then, which are coated with a hard metal-like substance. I have a One X as a test device and it is a nice phone (if you ignore the whole Android thing). ;)