12-15-2012, 06:27 PM #1
- 157 Posts
Many people are reporting the corners of the 8x turning black as well as random black streaks on the backs of the devices. I wonder if it could be due to heat? Many people have reported their devices getting really warm. Others have said that the phones get hot during wireless charging. The corners of the phone are a prime area for heat to leak out from inside the device. Streaks on the back could be areas where the devices are coming in contact with heat from the wireless charging mats.
Heat could be causing the soft touch coating to discolor. This is just an idea I am throwing out there...what do you think?
- 12-15-2012, 06:38 PM #2
Sounds reasonable since I'm a Tmobile 8X owner and I have NO black corners or streaks. My pho e rarely even gets warm and I'm a heavy mobile gamer and Netflix addict. Wireless charging with a toss of heat could be causing the streaks.
12-16-2012, 03:18 PM #5
- 157 Posts
It's unfortunate. One person even sanded off all of the soft touch coating on his One X and at the end had a shiny polycarbonate phone.
- By socialcarpet in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 24Last Post: 12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
- By apoc527 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 84Last Post: 12-12-2012, 10:36 AM
- By jsgiv in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 7Last Post: 11-14-2012, 02:51 AM
- By MJBarnes in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 04-17-2012, 03:20 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 7Last Post: 11-11-2011, 11:03 AM