Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Hello,

I am loving my new 8X except for one really annoying issue. It dones not seem to consistently sync my email. I have a microsoft live account that I had been using on my old Lumia 710. I have everything set to "As item arrives" and I will get email sometimes as soon as it is sent to me other times it will not come down until I manually check for messages.

I thought maybe this was just a delay with outlook.com pushing messages down to the handset but my wife has the same phone same settings same network and yet her phone pulls emails nearly instantly when I send a test message etc. I click send and pow she has the notification.

Any idea what is going on? Should I reset? Is this possibly one of the things addressed in the first update/firmware that just came out for unlocked phones? Sadly if it is I am outta luck as I am on the Bell version and it was hard enough to actually find a store with them in stock to buy so I can image how fast the update will come in.

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I thought that maybe it was because I has battery saver on and that maybe it glitches and was not pulling down because it thought it needed to save power but the setting makes no diff. I also reset my phone no change...still takes between 5 and 60 mins to get a given email. I also noticed after reset that once I read a message on the phone it is not updating as read on outlook.com.

Yet wife's working fine.....very frustrated.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Just posted a question on the support boards for windows phone at:

Outlook.Com Delay with Sync - Microsoft Community

If you are having the same issue you can click the "Me too" button to get the isue addressed.

Take Care