Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Coolknight1968
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I purchased a Blue Bell HTC 8x and had it unlocked to work with Telus. However, I am only getting H+ signal and not LTE. I looked up the Bell Version and it does support LTE..any suggestions to why I cant get it to work properly? I tried APN settings and all that jazz and nothing seems to be working out for me.

Thanks!
    My Bell HTC 8X is getting LTE from Bell with no issues. I assume you checked the "Highest Connection Speed" setting under your mobile network options?

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Patryk,

Can you verify if Internet Sharing works on that phone, or not?
    Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Lumia 920 - Lumia 1020

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    You need to put in the lte apn settings. I had to do that for my bell 8x to get lte on Rogers.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    It's not the LTE I'm worried about. It would appear that Internet Sharing is disabled on UNLOCKED Nokia phones that are taken to a network other than Rogers. If I can verify that Internet Sharing works cross network in Canada on unlocked 8X's I'll sell my 920 and pick up the HTC.
    Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Lumia 920 - Lumia 1020
  6.    #6  
    Internet sharing does work on the phone. Everything seems to be fine except for MMS and LTE.

The highest connection that shows up in network setting is 4G and that's what I have been on. I have looked around and there doesn't seem to be a specific LTE apn for Telus. Just the regular sp.telus.com

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    You also need to change the APN PROTOCOL to IPV4. Should do the trick.
  8.    #8  
    still nothing...even after APN and APN protocol being changed....this is not cool

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Very odd. I had no issues with Rogers. Did you change the settings and do a full restart ?

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    does bell even have LTE in your area?

and internet sharing does work on bells HTC 8X
  11.    #11  
    Update...it just kicked in this morning. I was sitting at work and I saw LTE, I tested and now have 45 down and 10 up. I made no changes to the phone at all.

So LTE, Internet Sharing and MMS all working Patryk? Gonna grab an unlocked 8x from Canadagsm.com and bring it to Telus - many thanks for a reply back!!

I know this is a little bit off track, but do you know if the 8X HTC from T-Mobile supports LTE? Right now TMo doesn't not offers LTE but it will in the future, so I was wondering if it is LTE future proof. Thanks in advance
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
  14.    #14  
    Sharing is working but MMS is not....still working on that...it has never worked on any windows phone i have ever had
    Thanked by:

thxs - my Telus branded Nokia 800 and Telus branded LG Optimus 7 both have MMS working so it is possible. The Nokia also has Internet sharing. LG does not have that feature in the North American firmware. I read that you need to input a second apn address for MMS but there is only room for one on Win 8. Again no experience just what I have read. If you have any progress please report back as I need MMS and Internet Sharing to work. Actually MMS more than internet sharing. thxs

I also wonder if this has to do with moving it from bell vs buying it factory unlocked from say canadagsm or somewhere. Any comments from user experience please chime in.

This post had some interesting stuff about Telus but slanted towards nokia.
    Rogers Lumia 920 buying and unlocking experience
    Last edited by jdowsett; 12-17-2012 at 12:28 AM.
    For MMS you need the MMS apn data from your telecom company. You need to insert it manually in most cases.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
    Villain likes this.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    What speeds are you guys getting on your network with the HTC 8X?

What settings did you use for the Telus APN?

Just wondering if you are still having issues with this. I have an unlocked 8x on telus and I am very rarely seeing an LTE connection. My area is supposedly covered by LTE but I can only remember one or two times seeing LTE on the phone. Normally, it just shows 4G and is much slower when you test it using speed test.