Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I'm curious to see what real world downstream/upstream speeds are. I know it's not LTE, but want to see some numbers. I'm still trying to convince my brother into getting a Verizon 8x and use his AT&T SIM. He currently has an iPhone and won't buy the blue or yellow 8x...and he's locked into a family AT&T plan.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    It will max out at 14.4, since it's single-channel HSPA+ on the Verizon version.

Yeah, I know the theoretical, but wanted to see some real world speed tests specifically with the V HTC 8x on AT&T.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    They'll vary widely based on signal strength, server distance, and tower configuration (some AT&T towers have better backhaul than others). In general, HSPA+ single-channel on AT&T will average between 4 and 6 Mb/s.

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    They'll vary widely based on signal strength, server distance, and tower configuration (some AT&T towers have better backhaul than others). In general, HSPA+ single-channel on AT&T will average between 4 and 6 Mb/s.
    Upstream too?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,033 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
    Upstream too?
    Upstream would probably be 0.5 to 0.75 Mb/s
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

I'm curious to see what real world downstream/upstream speeds are. I know it's not LTE, but want to see some numbers. I'm still trying to convince my brother into getting a Verizon 8x and use his AT&T SIM. He currently has an iPhone and won't buy the blue or yellow 8x...and he's locked into a family AT&T plan.
    I have Verizon(8x) and AT&T (lumia 900)I just tried with at&t on 8x , after changing APN, I am getting 2Mbps Download/800kbps downloadhope this helps

Just tested with my cousin's 8x and my at&t sim. Got 4-5 down(did multiple tests) and .1 to .5 up

Quote Originally Posted by zeronoise View Post
    Just tested with my cousin's 8x and my at&t sim. Got 4-5 down(did multiple tests) and .1 to .5 up
    Are you getting H+ or H?

These speeds are not good. I need to tell my brother to suck it up and get a blue phone. :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    I'm still trying to convince my brother into getting a Verizon 8x and use his AT&T SIM.
    you can do that now?????

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    You can on the 8x. Though if he is on AT&T, he would get much better performance from the AT&T 8x, on both HSPA+ and LTE.