Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ccassity85

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    10 hours since last charge to 100% and I'm 27% now.
    - Gamertag -
    the teams Flag

www.FLAGZ.net
    @FlagzTV

I took mine off the charger yesterday morning around 7am and plugged it in around 10:30pm. I was at 49%.

I streamed music during 2 workouts, browsed the web, had a few phone calls, and texted throughout the day.

One thing I seem to notice is it is quick to drain to about 70% within the first few hours of having it unplugged but then battery drain really starts to slow down.
    Klaric likes this.
    Banned

My Verizon red 8x drained 6% in 20 mins taking one screen shot, searched one person in Skype app and rest using wpcentral app. Is this normal?

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    My wife's ATT 8X has no issue with battery life unless she's skyping. Gotta reset the phone after she skypes or it drains quick.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    My wife's ATT 8X has no issue with battery life unless she's skyping. Gotta reset the phone after she skypes or it drains quick.
    Hmmm i had a fishy feeling If the source was my Skype or amazing weather HD running it on GPS rather than data app. How do I sign out from Skype? I can't find it on wp8 version....

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    Logging out wouldn't help I don't think. I had to just restart the phone sadly.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Yesterday, I used my 8x sparingly. Checked the people hub a few times, one or two very short calls and a handful of text messages. After 11 hours, I still had 80% battery left.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    With my usage which usually includes a couple of hours of reading, I typically have 30% left at the end of my 16 hour day.

My battery life is absolutely awful. I did a reset and it was fine for a little while, but today I woke up around 8:45 unplugged the phone, listened to some music, sent a few texts. It was still at 100% at around 10. It is currently at 5% with some web browsing, texting, just basic stuff. This is completely ridiculous I love this phone aside from the battery and some web content does not play. The battery might be a deal breaker

This is spot on, I have noticed this myself the last few days and many others are reporting this. It's very strange, but true. the battery will seem to drain too quickly in the morning, and in the afternoon it seems like it hardly uses any battery!

Quote Originally Posted by ccassity85 View Post
    I took mine off the charger yesterday morning around 7am and plugged it in around 10:30pm. I was at 49%.

I streamed music during 2 workouts, browsed the web, had a few phone calls, and texted throughout the day.

One thing I seem to notice is it is quick to drain to about 70% within the first few hours of having it unplugged but then battery drain really starts to slow down.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    from about 90% starting around 930AM, I switch to airplane mode and wifi OFF with barely any use throughout the day. At about 530PM I'm usually around 70-80% :(

hoping it gets better with time and with a possible firmware update in the near future.

wp_ss_20121210_0001.png

1.5 weeks in, battery life seems to be better. this was with light/moderate usage.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    I just got to the first month with my black 8X and the battery got better after 7-10 days.

Now I get between 12-15 hours more moderate than heavy usage with nothing disabled, just bluetooth when I'm not driving (1 hr daily at the most). It's on par with other phones and a little better than my old Optimus 7. Can't complain but I would love to have a phone that lasts 24 hrs with heavy usage, though ;)

Lat time and only time it went empty was last week after twelve hours. I used it quite lot then with nothing disabled.