Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By George Ponder

I had the magnetic lenses (macro, wide, telephoto) for my Razr and gave them a try on my 8X. The lenses don't stick to the metal rings around the camera but interestingly enough, they do stick to the regular coating on the back. :) I also found that they are not great fits for the camera and I am guessing it is the wider angle lens that is the issue. FYI: mine are from Photojojo. I will likely order a case to stick the metal ring on to hold the lenses and also for a Gorillapod adapter. Just thought I would pass along the info in case others were interested.
    I think the metal ring around the lens is aluminum.
    We're working up a tripod mount roundup that should run early next week and a few suggestions on tripods as well for Windows Phone cameras in general.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Thanked by:
    TheZuneLune likes this.

Awesome - I am looking forward to that. As a photographer, I am always looking for a way to utilize my smartphone when I am out on a shoot. I hope you include a discussion on the lack HDR apps/lens (actually taking multiple shots and blending vs. an effect or filter) and lenses in general.