Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Just got it yesterday, I was so happy to have my 8x. Last night before falling asleep, charge was at about 49%, wake up in the morning, completely dead, and totally unresponsive to charging. Tried 2 different chargers, nothing, phone wont even charge, battery is completely dead.

This is not even funny anymore, this is just a shame for HTC.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Sorry you got a bad one. It happens. I hope your replacement is everything you want in a phone!

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    You may have just got a dud. Take it back and exchange it. I, like many others here, have had little-to-no issues and great battery life with our 8x's. Give it another shot with a new one. You probably just got a lemon.

Sorry to hear about your difficulty. Though I don't yet have the 8X, my 710 did something very similar. I was able to fix it by doing a hard reset of the device, not sure what the sequence is for the 8x but for the 710 it was to hold down the power, down volume, and I home key. You could do a search on the internet and find what the combination is for the 8x. Worth a try before taking it back.
    Get a replacement.

My first one did exactly the same, thankfully the replacement one was ok! But this one suffers from random restarts lol I can't win!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSteve View Post
    Sorry to hear about your difficulty. Though I don't yet have the 8X, my 710 did something very similar. I was able to fix it by doing a hard reset of the device, not sure what the sequence is for the 8x but for the 710 it was to hold down the power, down volume, and I home key. You could do a search on the internet and find what the combination is for the 8x. Worth a try before taking it back.
    They tried it at the store but didn't work, it completely dead. My new one is coming in a few days, so Im hoping this one works out good
    Quote Originally Posted by ny_yankees View Post
    They tried it at the store but didn't work, it completely dead. My new one is coming in a few days, so Im hoping this one works out good
    what carrier do you have?

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    what carrier do you have?
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by ny_yankees View Post
    Verizon
    okay. Have you tried the 822? If you don't care about the screen, you should get that over the 8x.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    okay. Have you tried the 822? If you don't care about the screen, you should get that over the 8x.
    I tried the 822, I don't like it at all. I like the 8x a lot better. Hopefully my new 8x coming on Monday will be a good one and the first one was a just a bad lemon. If the second one gives me problem then I might have to go to an Android or something since there is no sign of Ativ Odyssey coming anytime soon