Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Can anyone tell me some apps and games (not ones by Microsoft or come with phone) that actually fit the screen size of the 8x? So far my only game to actually fit the screen fully is angry birds star wars, which looks great. Would be so much nicer if they utilized the extra space so we didn't have to keep seeing the black bar.

What do you think the chances are that apps will be scaled up to make use of the extra space at some point?

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts
    Many apps are being updated to support the new resolutions. My guess is that the most popular ones will be updated very soon. So far, a few have been updated already but the pace has been somewhat slowly. I would say that in a month or so most will be updated.

I'm using Gleek! which supports the 16:9 ratio properly. MeTweets has jut been updated too but there is a little space left at the top. the developer just told me that in the WP8 emulator when testing, the app filled the screen. An update is coming to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    Many apps are being updated to support the new resolutions. My guess is that the most popular ones will be updated very soon. So far, a few have been updated already but the pace has been somewhat slowly. I would say that in a month or so most will be updated.

I'm using Gleek! which supports the 16:9 ratio properly. MeTweets has jut been updated too but there is a little space left at the top. the developer just told me that in the WP8 emulator when testing, the app filled the screen. An update is coming to fix this.
    Odd thing about Gleek is the fact that the splash screen still shows the black bar at the top.

Device: O2 HTC Windows Phone 8X 16Gb

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1982 View Post
    Odd thing about Gleek is the fact that the splash screen still shows the black bar at the top.
    They surely forgot to take the 720p resolution into account and didn't update it.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    GLEEK sadly doesn't support app resume from icon which gets really irritating having to restart it so often. Only app I found for twitter that supports resuming and going back to your timeline location proparly peregrine
    Netflix just updated their app.... they didn't include 720p...
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

ESPN scorecenter fits the entire screen so does the fb app
    Went From a IPhone 3G (2008) to a Samsung Galaxy S w/ CyanMod.. ICS 4.0 (2010) to a HTC 8x (11/17/12).. To a Nokia Lumia 925 (7/26/13)