Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

I've had this issue as well with the 8x. Swapped the phone once to rule out hardware, and I've been able to reproduce the issue with the Bluetooth system in several different vehicles. The issue is so bad I've stopped using the Bluetooth at all for the moment.

Does anyone know if a smaller batch might exist with the bad Bluetooth issue?
    Thanked by:
    GordonGL likes this.

I have the same issue as the OP with my 8x. My previous phones had no issue whatsoever. It is really disappointing because all other features of the phone seem great.

Another person with exactly the same issue:
    a. Previous phone/car combination was perfection (Blackberry Bold, Toyota Tacoma Pickup, w hand free bluetooth enabled option)
    b. Received sound from callers and audio streamed via bluetooth to stereo are great
    c. People tell me they can not hear me on the bluetooth microphone in the truck. If I go to speakerphone on the 8X it's fine. Does not matter if truck is moving or not, nor does it matter if 3G or LTE connection, nor number of bars. Simply stated, Bluetooth audio between the truck and the phone is terrible.

Have seen dozens on this forum with the same issue. I live/work in Redmond and will try to establish some kind of dialog with the Windows Phone group. I'll report back here with any progress. Thanks. Scott
    Thanked by:
    GordonGL likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottebulger View Post
    Have seen dozens on this forum with the same issue. I live/work in Redmond and will try to establish some kind of dialog with the Windows Phone group. I'll report back here with any progress. Thanks. Scott
    Thanks Scott, anything you can do would be great. There was another update to the My Ford Touch system, I was hoping that would help things, but it didn't. I also just don't use Bluetooth for calls in my car anymore, only for text message reading.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    What type of bluetooth hands free system do you have?
    I have the same exact issues with my VZW HTC 8X when using it with my 2011 Jeep GC with Uconnect.
    My wife also has the same phone, and experiences the same issue with outgoing call quality when using it with her 2011 Dodge Durango with Uconnect.

I'm thinking it's a software issue with Uconnect.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rew001 View Post
    What type of bluetooth hands free system do you have?
    I have the same exact issues with my VZW HTC 8X when using it with my 2011 Jeep GC with Uconnect.
    My wife also has the same phone, and experiences the same issue with outgoing call quality when using it with her 2011 Dodge Durango with Uconnect.

I'm thinking it's a software issue with Uconnect.
    I think there's enough documented issues across various manufacturers of BT handsfree systems that points this to an HTC issue. Ford, Toyota, and now Chrylser systems all have issues with the 8X's BT call quality.

Same thing with my BT headset. I just bought a wired head set from Senheiser. I know it isn't a real solution because it is wired but it works for me and this is just another long list of reasons why HTC sucks and is losing market share.

I just got my first personal smart phone - a new HTC with Win 8x BUT it has bluetooth sound quality problems. When using my plantronics m20 earpiece it has terrible sound quality, like static, crackling noise. I've used this plantronics bluetooth earpiece (and other brands like motorola) for years with all kinds of cell phones (including blackberry) and all with Verizon. This is the first major problem I've ever had with bluetooth earpiece sound quality.

My brother also just got a new Verizon HTC win 8x and his bluetooth sounds SO AWFUL I asked him not to use it.

Therefore, I think it must either be a hardware problem with the HTC or software problem with Win 8x?

I MUST use my bluetooth for work and play while multitasking (driving or doing chores around in the house).

Any common agreement here?

If it can't be resolved (with hardware or software) then I'm returned this and going to try the (verzion) Apple iphone 5

PS I'm a very busy person. I was willing to try the Win 8. But If I have to go through all this rigmarole, then I will try the apple product line and then stick with it. I'm too busy to experiment with "NEW IDEAS" if they simple don't work or are undertested in order to fulill some manufacturer's sales quota. And no, I willl NOT fly the Dreamliner 787 for at least a year until all the kinks are removed - or ever, if they take it off the market after a fatal crash.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I use the LG 730 Stereo headset with my Lumia 920 and used the LG 700 with my Samsung Focus S... Over the years I have used various playtronics, Motorola, Jabber, Jawbones but non worked as well as the LG 730 Stereo headset... I have had issues in the past with range too... One thing turns me away from certain brands is proprietary charging. The older JawBones used this magnet charger pain in the *** if I needed a charge on the go and had to go without but I think the new one uses the mini USB now... Certainly some phones or older ones had horrible Bluetooth range. I remember I always had to put my phone in an upper pocket but seems now with the Lumia 920 and my LG 730 it's not an issue anymore...

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I disagree. My Verizon 8x has the best sounding and most reliable Bluetooth connection I have ever had. I have a new Nissan Maxima and it works flawlessly. My Note 2, SGIII and Droid DNA did not work as well as the 8x.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I'm starting to thing that this is a hardware related issue and not a software issue, unless a defect actually causes better bluetooth audio. I myself have had no problems with either my Plantronics bluetooth headset nor the bluetooth system in my car, and have actually had people tell me that I sound better when on the bluetooth then when using the phone's built in microphone.

Just to weight in:

HTC8x bought about 2 weeks ago.
    W8: 8.0.9905.12
    Firmware: 1532.20.10110.605
    Radio SW: 0.17.50.1025
    Radio HW: 2.126.3.D4
    2010 Toyota Forerunner

My Android 2 worked fine with BT on the Forerunner. My 8x has exactly the same distortion issues. Issues are intermittent. If I call and the recipient has distorted reception from me, I hang up and call again and usually get a clear call. Initial call distorts for recipient about 1/2 the time. Tried turning down handset volume but that didn't cure it, I did not however test that scientifically. Will do so now.

Any updates from HTC support from anyone?

IZICC: Thanks for starting this and the good work on tracking down the issues symptoms.

Ford Focus 8x, no BT problems...

Good morning. I have had the same issues with my Verizon HTC 8x. I have a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI with Fender System (which I believe is mfd. by Panasonic). Bluetooth was perfect with my iPhone 4s in this car. The 8x was essentially unusable using the car's Bluetooth system.

After trying seemingly everything, I found the fix to be to turn the PHONE's volume down while on a Bluetooth call (this volume is separate from other volumes on the phone) - it defaults to 10/10. Once you do this, you will likely need to adjust the radio volume up to the desired level. This apparently adjusts the phone's mic volume to a suitable level. I am now very happily using my 8x with the VW's Bluetooth system.

-Scott
    Last edited by Scott Pratt; 03-05-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: typo

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks Scott, I thought I tried this, but can't say for sure. I will give this a shot.

Scott: Tried that, didn't work for me. I called HTC and Verizon and they think its a bad BT antenna. Replacement phone received today. Will update after putting it in use.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ok, so I tried this on the way home today. It does make a difference; with the defaulted 10/10 volume, the background noise was unbearable, and my wife could barely hear me. I turned it down all the way to 0/10; it was better. I then tried every other increment, and 1/10 was the best. Anything above 1, and the background noise was too much. Now, it was "better" than before (10/10), however, nowhere near how good my Android bluetooth quality was..

Okay, tried my replacement phone. No good - same exact experience even when turning down the volume to 0 or 1. Called VZW and got escalated to Windows Phone support. This is a known and acknowledged issue with HTC according to VZW and they are waiting a software fix from HTC. No est time of delivery.
    Is there already some ETA on the update, i'm using HTC 8S same problem with volkswagen RNS510

Interesting.
    We also have a bluetooth loud issue as follows in thread... HTC 8X very loud over hands free Started by Dale714, 08-04-2013 05:45 PM

Windows Phone HTC 8X.
    Has anyone got a fix to solve very loud volume when using hands free car kits. When making a call using hands free kit, the person on the other end reports the sound is VERY loud. This occures when making or recieving calls. My team have tried different car types and different phones. The consistency is the windows phone. We have tried turning down the volum on the car kits and on the phone... but still way to loud.
    Kind regards
    Dale
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12