Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By envio

Does this/will this exist?? I've been harassing At&t and HTC about this and no one seems to be able to answer my question. I need to decide what to do with my contract renewal.

As of now the HTC 8X Blue is available for AT & T Service. I have not seen the one you have asked for LimeLight.
    I held a yellow one today, they seem to not be rubberized and thus are not as easy to hold as the black and blue ones...
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    According to the website the Limelight is only available in 8gb, which is unfortunate as I happen to prefer it.
    Unlocked the Limelight is available with 16Gb in Europe...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Coolknight1968 View Post
    I held a yellow one today, they seem to not be rubberized and thus are not as easy to hold as the black and blue ones...
    I have an HTC 8x in limelight yellow on o2 in UK. It's got 16GB storage and I can tell you that the outer casing is the same polycarbonate as the other colours and feels exactly the same in your hand. I think the demo phones have been somewhat abused by hundreds of grubby fingers.
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I handled a limelight and a blue phone right next to each other at an AT&T store and noticed that the limelight did feel different, more slick.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The only difference between the lime and blue is the color -- they both have the same polycarbonate backing. It is possible you're holding a rev 1 blue and a rev 2 lime, as the materials changed in texture between revs 1 and 2. My neighbor has a rev 1 blue AT&T 8X, and it feels "grainier" than my rev 2. It also has the black corner problem, and mine doesn't.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    The difference may well be the in the revision, but there are rev 2 phones with the coating problem. The part of the phone you touch is not polycarbonate, it's a polyurethane based resin applied over the polycarbonate.

I bought the phone anyway. I still don't understand who's idea it was to only make it 8GB in the U.S.