- 12-03-2012, 05:32 AM #2
I had the same issue with my Bluetooth headphones. Turned out the headphones had the volume all the way up. When I lowered the volume on them it cleared the high pitch noises that played through. I use the Lumia to control volume instead.
Hope this helps!
12-03-2012, 05:56 AM #3
- 23 Posts
yes I have the same issue and it drives me insane. I'm not sure what causes it, I thought it was whatsapp because there's a weird audio API call from within the music app - when you resume a pause song it opens whatsapp but i'm not 100% sure.
I really hope this gets fixed and issues like this makes me wonder whether anyone at HTC/Microsoft tested Windows Phone 8 before it was released :/
Update: My phone has just been doing this, set to "ring and vibrate" yet no sounds as if it's silent. I just checked settings > ringtones and sounds and 'ringer' was set to off, even though the phone was set to ring and vibrate. I turned this on and sounds are working again! Looks like a bug!
- 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM #11
I notice mine does this if I call an 800 number, and then select "1" to talk in English.
After I'm off the call, all of my alert sounds are distorted and laggy... That's the only way I've been able to reproduce it. Give it a shot.
Of course I imagine it being an issue just pressing a button while on a call... doesn't have to be an 800 number, necessarily.
- By jonbert in forum HTC 8XReplies: 26Last Post: 06-26-2013, 07:42 AM
- By fradchad in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 02-21-2013, 06:11 PM
- By fradchad in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM
- By cshil in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 6Last Post: 10-31-2012, 03:19 PM
- By allsabotage in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 4Last Post: 06-23-2012, 10:36 AM