I am brand new with windows phone.
    I transferred a lot of music to mu new 8x phone, but I do not know how to set specified song as my ringtone...
    I can not believe that is not possible...

The only way I've found to do this is to hook the phone up to the computer and open as a drive. You'll see a folder called ringtones where you can place music in there to use as a ringtone. If it asks you to convert it when you move it over do it as the time I didn't do the conversion the song didn't show up.

I also believe it has to be DRM free music.

First 10x for your answer.
    I've also found that way...But I just can not believe that it must be so complicated. I had symbian, bada and android phones and it is always as usual checking the song and make it as ringtone, without a computer. What is the point of having smartphone if you must have help from computer to make desired song for ringtone

It might have something to do with the conversion that it asks to do because the instructions from the phone sounded like you just load music to the phone and it can use it as a ringtone... obviously that didn't work and why I used the other method.

Only reason I even thought to work was because that is what I had to do on my Droid X to get custom ringtones.