I'm at 87% last charged 3 hours ago. Remaining battery life? 1 day 19 hours. Is there a glitch in the battery level detector or is this thing really that great?

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meshuganeh View Post
    I'm at 87% last charged 3 hours ago. Remaining battery life? 1 day 19 hours. Is there a glitch in the battery level detector or is this thing really that great?
    It's really that great. I have gotten far better results than you have just posted if I am in a good reception area. Some are reporting really poor battery life, but with moderate-to-high use, I can last until about 4am (after unplugging at 7am). If I just use it on-and-off during the day, I could last a few days on one charge.

When did you get the phone? The prediction will take several days to calibrate and tends to be overoptimistic in the beginning.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Which phone do you have?

**EDIT** My bad, I just realized that I am in the 8X forum lol. I'm new here and didn't even know where I was haha.
    Last edited by WizeGuyDezignz; 11-29-2012 at 12:38 PM.

I have the black Verizon 8x. Now I'm at 79%, last charged 6 hours ago and 25 hours remaining.

Can anyone verify this calibration business? Can I calibrate it myself? It would be annoying if it read that there's 25% battery left even if it's almost dead

Side note question: Does anyone know if I can peel off the barcode sticker on the back of the phone?

The numbers go up and down as you use the phone well that's how mine is. So if I am using my phone pretty heavy watching videos and what not Ill check my battery and itll say 7 hours left on my battery till my next charge. If I sit my phone down for 10 minutes without touching it my battery says I have much longer left. Its estimated real time usage

Same here. If I charge it overnight, it will run out of juice just by the end of the next day so in practice it gets 2 days (no background tasks enabled, 3 exchange accounts syncing every hour, Facebook and Microsoft accounts, Wifi always on, bluetooth / nfc always off).

Quote Originally Posted by meshuganeh View Post
    I have the black Verizon 8x. Now I'm at 79%, last charged 6 hours ago and 25 hours remaining.

Can anyone verify this calibration business? Can I calibrate it myself? It would be annoying if it read that there's 25% battery left even if it's almost dead

Side note question: Does anyone know if I can peel off the barcode sticker on the back of the phone?
    You can calibrate it yourself. Go to the Store and download Battery Discharger. People always say to wait at least two weeks before calibrating the battery so it can "get used to" your usage, but if you wanna calibrate it now, it doesn't hurt the phone. I got my Verizon 8X on Black Friday and calibrated it last night. So far so good, but definitely better battery life than before. And more accurate, too!

As for the barcode, I removed mine. You just gotta get a long fingernail under it.

A little off-topic in terms of the thread, but since you have a VZW 8X, I need to ask you something. Are you always getting a "Roaming Service"?
    Last edited by Dadstar0410; 11-29-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    I have an overly good battery thats comparable to my Bold... but the hateful thing reboots 20+ times a day
    It'll go up and down like a yoyo, be sure to monitor the percentage more than anything. If you notice it drop a fair bit unexpectedly then start slowing things down if you can't charge it for a while. I've noticed the estimations to be wildly inaccurate (unless in battery saver mode).

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: rich@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Yeah, it will go up and down depending on what you are doing. I got mine on 11/15 and have had outstanding battery life. Like I said above, with moderate usage, I was going into my third day without recharging it. I then recharged it even though it said I had enough to get through the workday just because I get antsy when it drops below 35%.

When I first got my 8X it lasted honestly around 6 hours and that was with light use, and then I reset the entire phone. Today my battery finally died after 1 day and 13 hours of being on, with about 3 hours of music, 2 hours of web, and probably close to 300 texts.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    yeah. I'm on my second full charge of my newly exchanged 8X (battery life much better than my first). When I first turned the phone on it said 85 days remaining

This is what it showed earlier today with about 2 hours of moderate use in the morning followed by several hours in airplane mode with location turned off:

Needless to say there's a pretty huge range in the estimated remaining time based on usage :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121129_0001.png