- 11-29-2012, 10:25 AM #1
Well, I am now running into my first problem with the 8x - well, maybe more of a minor annoyance, but one with battery draining implication if not caught. Sometimes, when I hit the power button to kill the screen, the phone will start cycling between the lock screen and the turning the screen off. It will just go off, lock screen, off, lock screen, over and over again. What I normally have to do to stop it is to unlock the phone, and then double press the power button to get it to lock and keep the lock screen off.
Is anyone else having this problem? If so, any ideas on how to fix this? If no idea, where is the best place to report the problem?
I am thinking the problem has something to do with either the super sensitive capacitive buttons or the proximity sensor. Just a guess though.
12-21-2012, 03:46 PM #5
- 781 Posts
Try this. Push power. Unlock. Reboot.*** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
- 06-10-2013, 04:57 AM #9
My HTC 8x is doing the same thing. Not all the time. But it's so annoying when it happens. I don't know what I do to make it stop....i open apps, go to different screens, etc. Eventually it stops....usually. Last night it went on and on all night until just now when I got annoyed and looked it up again to try and find a solution.
- By hotdogakamike in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 65Last Post: 03-03-2014, 01:03 AM
- By Neibl in forum HTC 8XReplies: 12Last Post: 02-15-2014, 10:53 PM
- By BrandonMills in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
- By tripz727 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 73Last Post: 11-10-2012, 12:24 AM
- By chicagodesi786 in forum Samsung Omnia 7Replies: 0Last Post: 12-09-2011, 10:30 AM