Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

and the same happend to my 2 days old Limelight yellow today :-( I sold my 2nd Nokia Lumia 920 of so many issues and bought a HTC 8x last Saturday but it seems i stuck in the same bad situation. I assume it is a Windows Phone 8 software problem. WP8 is too buggy :-(

having the same issue with HTC 8x, got it 5 days ago and was really excited to play about with it and download loads of apps!! but now I'm really annoyed by this, phone randomly shuts off and i have to press the power button to boot it up again, first time i noticed it was at work after a fee hours in my pocket took it out and it was off. didn't think much at the time thinking i might have accidently switched it off in my pocket, but then it happened again and again and once while i had the camera open. today i started looking round the forums and see that it's an issue!! Windows Tech guys listen up and sort this out, your losing referral customers for this new operating system!!! very impressed with the phone otherwise, but if this continues will consider another phone and possibly another operating system

Awwwwww. My 8x just died after about 4 hours! I'm gonna go get it replaced tomorrow. I cant go onto an i phone because i hate them and i'm not a fan of android phones.

Has anyone tried connecting it to your computer with the usb cable? That worked for me, brought it back to life and it's been running ever since.

I have had multiple issues. If you have had random resets, trade it in ASAP. If it stops reading your SIM card, trade it in ASAP. Recently, it just shut off, without a low battery, and would not come back up. I tried all reset combos. It would not light up with charger. I powered it over night several times, but I always unplugged it each morning. I order a new one finally thru Verizon but wanted to try a last ditch effort. So I plugged in my phone to the charger before I went to bed and left it. The next day when I got back from work I noticed a green power light. It had powered itself on around 1PM based on my texts all coming in at that time. It you forgot to back up or don't want to lose your app data, and don't want to trade it in you should try keeping it plugged in and cross your fingers.

My 8x did this within hours of getting it and I have a replacement on the way, but I keep trying to get this one to boot. It's not like you can pull the battery to get a complete power off though. Any other words of advice to get the phone restated, or is simply bricked? Oh, mine started acting up while transfering files using the Windows 8 app from the Market Place. Nice Microsoft app to brick you phone with.

mine done this twice now it always seem to happen when updates come in the day before , then turned off over night wont start again, the holding down the volume and on button worked but shoud this be doing this????

I had the same problem. phone just reset itself after been drained dead and did not boot at all

Hard/soft reset did not help at all.

What worked is plugging it into my laptop. Strange, very strange

For second I thought I had a very,very expensive brick

Thanks for the tip, it worked for me. I am so glad that I don't have to take the phone back to the store!

It should not be doing that. The replacement that I've received from Verizon has worked flawlessly.

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    This happened to an friend once, it was an iphone, yep.

Thanks, this worked for me. 15 seconds is a lot longer than I would've expected, but it turned on.

Thanks for the vol down/power trick, i was about to flip a few desks considering i just got it 2 weeks ago. Almost gave up but decided to hold it down for almost a minute and it finally turned back on.

Hey. I've just tried to plug my phone in to the USB cable in to my laptop. But nothing working, it gets stuck on the white screen of HTC quietly brilliant or it keeps turning itself off and on. I've only had the phone for 5 days now. Do you think I should take it back? Or is there anything else that I could try?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Berry View Post
    Hey. I've just tried to plug my phone in to the USB cable in to my laptop. But nothing working, it gets stuck on the white screen of HTC quietly brilliant or it keeps turning itself off and on. I've only had the phone for 5 days now. Do you think I should take it back? Or is there anything else that I could try?!
    I think you should use the charger not computer to charge the phone. Cause they are not powerful enough to charge your phone.

I did try to charge my phone but it still wouldn't charge. It got stuck on a white screen then turned itself off after a while as there was no battery charge. So I'm now charging it but it still keeps turning on and off now it's stuck on the white screen again.

I did try to charge my phone but it still wouldn't charge. It got stuck on a white screen then turned itself off after a while as there was no battery charge. So I'm now charging it but it still keeps turning on and off now it's stuck on the white screen again.
    Could the battery be taken out? I think its battery is over used and won't charge,if it can be take out, you can charge the battery itself by using battery charger(not the phone), if not, you'd better return it

omfg u life saver!!

The battery is built in to the phone so I can't take it out. I got it working again for 3 days now it's playing up again. I will take it back today?!

The battery is built in to the phone so I can't take it out. I got it working again for 3 days now it's playing up again. I will take it back today?!
    up to you~

Quote Originally Posted by olivercorb View Post
    My lumia 800 does this when it thinks it's out of battery - try plugging it in while simultaneously tapping the power button. As in, more like you're unlocking the phone, than holding it down to turn on the power. For some reason this jumpstarts it! Don't know if it will work for the 8X but the depleted battery issue is a widespread problem for the 800
    Thank you for your post! My HTC 8x just encountered this problem and I freaked out! It was vibrating when connected to charger, when trying to reset etc. I was playing a game and the battery was totally depleted.

When I try the method to tap power button as soon I power up the charger I succeeded but not on the first try, I had to to do over and over again for 5 times or more!

I have had my HTC 8x for a week now and it will not turn all the way on it will get to the HTC quietly brilliant screen but then will vibrate and shut off and do the same thing over and over again. Does anyone know of any fixes for this? or should I just take it in?

Today I ran into the issue where it wouldn't turn on at all. I plugged it into the charging cable, and it would vibrate, but the screen never came on. A few seconds later it would vibrate again, then again, and so on repeatedly, as if it was trying to wake up but caught in an endless reboot. After a couple minutes I thought I'd better look on online for a solution, and found this thread. I tried holding power+volume down, pressing power repeatedly, tapping it firmly against my opposite hand, but nothing worked for me. I also went to the windowsphone site to see if it was merely a screen issue and was actually connected. The "Locate My Phone" screen said the last checkin was yesterday around 11am, so it could've been dead for a day before I noticed. I thought it still had plenty of charge, since I had it plugged in over the weekend.

Well, it turned out the battery must've been completely drained... I'm not sure how that happened, but after about 10-15min of trying to wake up, the screen finally came to life and splashed the htc logo, but then it went black again. The next time the htc screen came up, it stayed alive. I went to the settings and at that point it was saying the battery was at 2%. Maybe with a 2A charger it would've woken up sooner, since it seemed the device was spending so much energy trying to wake up that it wasn't charging fast enough to wake up at all.

I hadn't seen this particular issue listed yet, so maybe this will help someone someday if they run into the same issue.
    Thanked by:
    Alen Murillo likes this.

this freakin worked, thank you so muchh, contiously tap the lock button for a couple seconds then hold down the power button, it should turn on, you saved my phonee

thank you very much I am so thankfull u helped me thanx
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast