Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Will the wireless charging still work if you have your phone in a case like an Otterbox?

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I would assume it depends how thick the case is. But I would never put an 8x in a massive case like an Otterbox anyway. It should work between thin substances, but I'm sure the material the case is made of and many other factors apply. I think the best thing you can do is try it and see.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    works in the black silicone case as well as the black hard case / stand just fine.

It works. I have an otterbox on mine and it wirelessly charges. I will give u a heads up the Lg wireless pad does work on our phones but it beeps when its completely charged which is annoying at 3-4 am.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    bought a cheap-o case from amazon and can confirm it works on the LG wireless pad ^

I recently exchanged my old 8X for a new one from Best Buy, but it seemed the wireless pad 1) charged slower and 2) caused the phone to get hot...

I didn't buy an amazon cheap-O case I bought an otterbox case from Verizon and the wireless charging works through the case
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express