Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Is there *any* way to turn off that annoying little red LED light on the HTC 8X that shows when charging? I use my phone as my nighttime clock and this is *extremely* annoying. Found a great Windows Phone app ( Night Stand Clock ) that seems to do exactly what I need to do, but I'd *love* to be able to turn off that damned light. Please tell me HTC is either listening or has a way to do this that I don't know about?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hah! :) Well good news is that the light eventually turns green when charged. Green is a little better on the eyes than red...

...still annoying :)

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    But that charging light is on all HTC devices. I dont recall seeing one without it. Also the galaxy S3 has that, it's annoying but some people like to know that it's charging. Which makes no sense to me.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I like it because my cigarette lighter in my car has a dodgy socket. So when I charge the ohone in the car I have to know that it's actually working. In certain positions it doesn't. So when I see that red light I know I can leave it alone and it is charging. I do think an option to turn it on or off would be helpful though and also flash for notifications like texts and missed calls.
    - Dubstep, Reggae, Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Breaks, Ska & more.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditched my iPhone 4S for the HTC 8X... No regrets!

How else are you suppose to know it is charging? All of the phones I've used in the past have had some type of charging indicator. If it bothers you at night, you could always put something over top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMills View Post
    Is there *any* way to turn off that annoying little red LED light on the HTC 8X that shows when charging? I use my phone as my nighttime clock and this is *extremely* annoying. Found a great Windows Phone app ( Night Stand Clock ) that seems to do exactly what I need to do, but I'd *love* to be able to turn off that damned light. Please tell me HTC is either listening or has a way to do this that I don't know about?
    I have no issue with the led light, but thanks for the app suggesting. Downloading now. :)

Device: O2 HTC Windows Phone 8X 16Gb

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, but great find on this clock! I have been looking for a good alarm clock, so this will take the place of my old clunky one on my nightstand.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Duct Tape :)