- 11-26-2012, 04:54 PM #1
I was wondering if a HTC 8X user could do me a favor?, I would like to compare functionality before I return my Lumina 822 in for a HTC 8X:
- If you select and address from your contacts, from a message, email, or from Local Scout what map program does it open by default? Nokia Maps or Bing?
- If it's Bing does it allow you to save the place as a favorite?
- Does your phone allow you to change the default map to open when you select an address?
After reading some reviews I decided on a Nokia WP8 for the following reasons:
- removable flash drive
- removable battery
- Nokia Drive (turn-by-turn)
None of those things are worth it for me if I can't select an address and it opens a map program (any map program) where I can save it on a favorites list. Currently I have to cut and paste the address from an email to Nokia Maps, or worse from any other app write down the address (yes with pen and paper; I have a bad memory that's why I like computers), open Nokia Maps and type the address in search then save the favorite. The clock is ticking on returning the Lumina, and if the same thing happens on the 8x I'll just go back to Android :(
Thanks for your help!
11-26-2012, 05:09 PM #2
- 20 Posts
Selecting an address from your contacts and local scout open up "maps" which is powered by Nokia Maps I believe.
If you receive an address via text or email, you have to copy and paste it into maps.
As for saving these locations as favorites, you must tap on the location and a menu pops up with an option to save it as a favorite.
I do not believe you can change the default map.
11-27-2012, 10:06 AM #4
- 622 Posts
I select, touch the address of my contact, it then shows me where it is on Maps.
Then I can touch the pin (Flag that sows where) and add it to favorites.
If I can't right away, I need to search again, touch search, which by default uses the last search address, so I type nothing, then I can add it to my favorites.
Does that help`?
It does work!
- By eolsgaard in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 06-20-2012, 07:57 PM
- By kitenski in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 08-26-2011, 01:18 PM
- By JudgeHolden in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 06-24-2011, 09:50 AM
- By johnpaul12 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 04-22-2011, 12:48 AM
- By jasqid in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 01-24-2011, 08:14 AM