11-26-2012, 03:45 PM #1
- 33 Posts
I did the math and if you are purchasing both the phone and the additional insurance plan, then Best Buy only saves you $4.
Price for 2yr contract 199.99 Price for basic insurance plan per/month for 24 months (5.99 * 24) 143.76 Total 343.75
Price for 2yr contract 99.99 Price for basic insurance plan per/month for 24 months (9.99 * 24) 239.76 Total 339.75
Difference = $4 (savings from using Best Buy)
So for me, it all comes down to what actually does Best Buy cover in their insurance plan. If it's the same basic coverage (theft, lost, etc.) as Verizon's plan, then I don't really see that much of a benefit of going with Best Buy and would rather got with Verizon IF I do plan of purchasing the insurance. Obviously, if you don't plan on getting the insurance, then Best Buy is a no-brainer.
- 11-27-2012, 09:29 PM #4Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive:::::. Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3...........
Looking forward to going backFinally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x (iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with).
- By ky Phan in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 63Last Post: 11-13-2012, 06:51 AM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 10-02-2012, 08:28 AM
- By baseballbert in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 17Last Post: 09-14-2012, 03:56 PM
- By HifiGuy900 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 8Last Post: 04-18-2012, 07:58 PM
- By jdevenberg in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 9Last Post: 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM