Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    So I have been using my 8X for about a week now and am loving it. However, I noticed a strange issue on my drive in to work this morning. When my phone is connected to the Bluetooth system (Parrot) in my car, the notifications sounds do not play through the phone, they try to play through the Bluetooth. Since I am not streaming musing through my phone, I cannot hear my notifications while I am driving. Anyone else notice this? Anyone have a fix? The Bluetooth settings are so minimal on this phone I cannot seem to find where to stop this from happening, if it is possible at all.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    What was your car's head unit input set to? If not bluetooth, that's probably your problem. I think the phone only takes over your head unit if there's an actual call.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Juan, I completely agree, that's my problem. But my Parrot system only takes over when there is a call, and I dont want to be on bluetooth all the time (i.e. I would like to listen to Sirius or FM radio through my head unit, and only have the music interrupted when a call comes through). So, my question was related to how I get the phone to stop sending notification tones through Bluetooth, and instead play through the phone as normal, regardless of Bluetooth connection status. Every phone I have had since a Blackberry back in the day has been able to do this just fine, so I was surprised when I found the 8X and WP8 could not, nor could I change the setting (or at least find where to change the setting). Any other thoughts?

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    OK, now I understand. I have a WP7 and can't see any setting related to this, unfortunately. Hopefully someone has an answer for you.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks Juan! I hope someone else does too! :)

I would not call this a fix, but I noticed that if I'm pairred with my cars bluetooth and the volume is down to zero on my phone(I keep my phone on vibrate mostly), the bluetooth notifications are not heard through the cars speakers.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks Rique, but that isn't what I am looking for either. I need it to play through my phone regardless of whether I am on the bluetooth source or not.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    So, this bothers no one else? This is seriously annoying, and is hurting my bluetooth headset battery life. All alerts and sounds play through the headset (screen lock, keyboard typing, alerts, calls, etc...). I have never had a phone do this, or not at least have a way to turn it off!!! Anyone???