Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aventador779

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    The screen is super tall. Which makes it super hard to text. I'm adjusting but it's still tough going from the Galaxy Nexus.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    rather have a tall screen than a low res screen

Coming from iPhone 5, I prefer the taller screen; more content to view, in messaging, facebook, twitter, home screen tiles, IE etc. Whereas in Lumia 920/820 everything just looks magnified. One of my main reason for choosing 8X. Your preference might vary. Just my two cents :)

What ya talking about? I've just got my 8X and I'm loving the beautiful big screen. I'm coming from a HTC touch 2... (LOL).

I find it easy to type, however I'm slower than a snail at the moment as I hadn't had many chances of sending texts so far.

I was originally going to get the 8X, but changed my mind because of the screen. It looks beautiful, but I don't like the aspect ratio. If you are coming from a device with a 4.3" screen (the HD7, for example) it feels a little cramped - even though it's also a 4.3" inch screen. I just don't like the narrower, taller screen (think iPhone). Although you can see more content, it's noticeably smaller in my opinion. If this is the aspect ratio of the future, I would want something that is 4.7" at least, to compensate. HTC Titan III, anyone??? *crosses fingers*

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Well I'm used to the Galaxy Nexus which had a very wide screen, even though it's same resolution for some reason it's a different ratio...

I went to the store and checked out the lumia 822 and didnt like the feel and weight... felt like and looked like a black brick not talking about weight just the look and feel of the sides etc... though a little off topic once i got my 8x no way i was gonna downgrade resolution display for some exclusive apps.. the 8x screen pure sexyness :)
    Went From a IPhone 3G (2008) to a Samsung Galaxy S w/ CyanMod.. ICS 4.0 (2010) to a HTC 8x (11/17/12).. To a Nokia Lumia 925 (7/26/13)

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I actually went the opposite way because I felt that the screen on the 822 was too wide for me to use comfortably one-handed. I also felt that the 822 was too slippery in the hand, although it was much more solidly built than a lot of people would have you believe since it's a lower priced phone. So far I'm happy with my decision to switch to the 8X.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Hmm so mixed views about it.

I prefer the taller screen. I wanted to buy the 820 but was too bulky for me.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibonni View Post
    I prefer the taller screen. I wanted to buy the 820 but was too bulky for me.
    Yeah that and I wanted the two amplifiers on the 8X and higher res screen.
    ImAdrian23 likes this.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I didn't buy the 8X specifically because it was so tall, and because of the limited storage.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Another personal preference thing. I came from the HD7s but I love the tall, slim high-res screen on the 8x.