- 11-23-2012, 07:57 AM #3
Yes you could, but you could not get LTE. The chipset also handles GSM. You'd pop out the SIM and use an AT%T sim. Apparently, Verizon has unlocked this. For example, you can also do this with an iPhone5 from Verizon. You could get fast HSPA+ internet, but not nearly as fast as LTE. If you want to use ATT just get an HTC 8x there and you'd get LTE.
- 11-23-2012, 08:20 AM #5
Let me correct my first post. Here are the frequency specs for the Verizon 8X:
I didn't know it was a dual mode CDMA/GSM phone. It looks like it would work, GSM 850/1900 is listed, providing the GSM mode is unlocked and there's no AT&T blocks on the Verizon firmware.
Last edited by palandri; 11-23-2012 at 08:41 AM.
05-09-2013, 07:08 PM #8
- 1 Posts
It works with T-Mobile just fine. I have a friend with Tmobile and they also have a Windows 8x Phone. Their sim card worked great in my VZW 8x phone. It even said, "Changing to GSM mode". When I put my VZW sim in their TMobile 8x phone, it would not accept it.
- By BrandonMills in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
- By tripz727 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 73Last Post: 11-10-2012, 12:24 AM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 01-25-2012, 07:15 PM
- By skytribe in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 5Last Post: 09-07-2011, 07:51 PM
- By ericreinhardt in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 1Last Post: 06-05-2011, 09:19 PM