- 11-22-2012, 09:33 PM #1
I'm getting my HTC 8X tomorrow. Finally! Gonna try out WP8. Going from Android Jelly Bean. (Galaxy Nexus.)
I've been reading the WPCentral forums for a while and so there are issues obviously. So:
How do I get my Gmail to work correctly (get my emails right away) and get the best battery life? Anything else I should do? Maybe a few tips? Thanks :D
- 11-22-2012, 09:42 PM #2
1) Set up your Gmail account by choosing Google when you click to add a new account. Then make sure you set it to download new content "as items arrive" to get emails immediately.
2) I just keep NFC and Bluetooth turned off, but my battery life wasn't bad even before I remembered to do that. If you had a Verizon Galaxy Nexus, you're probably used to a lot worse.
- 11-22-2012, 09:42 PM #3
Best battery life and get your emails right away don't go together... to get them right away, you have to use push. If you push, your battery life is worse.
I set my Gmail through Exchange.
Username is firstname.lastname@example.org
Server is m.google.com
Domain should be left blank
Start by going to the WP app store to download all the apps you want/need.
- 11-23-2012, 08:16 AM #8
- 11-23-2012, 02:01 PM #10
NFC off. Thats all I did and my battery was pretty decent. I think in the first few days I put a lot of crap on my home screen with updating tiles and that seemed to drain the battery a bit. I've now cut the crap and got the good stuff on there and my battery is doing me fine at the minute.
I'd recommend having a charger in your car though! (Nice car by the way)
- 11-23-2012, 02:12 PM #12
- 11-24-2012, 02:29 PM #14
Heheh! Did you get your phone today then?
- 11-25-2012, 02:17 AM #19
- 11-25-2012, 03:18 AM #21
- 11-25-2012, 03:23 AM #22
Yeah about 12gb. I've got 51 albums on here, a few HD videos and a few hundred photos. About 40 apps or so and 2gb remaining on the phone.
Its not too bad. Bit of step down from the 32gb I had but its usually music that you cut back on first.
- 11-25-2012, 09:25 AM #25
Same here on my sensation I had a 16 gig card and had it full of roms and backups still never filled it so 16 is perfect for me no need for a bunch of custom roms cuz this phone runs great out of the box. Dont think ill ever root this phone well maybe after a year or so when I get bored
- By baileystein in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 22Last Post: 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM
- By Kenji117 in forum Dell Venue ProReplies: 16Last Post: 07-04-2011, 01:07 PM
- By pinknpretty1212 in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 6Last Post: 07-03-2011, 10:44 PM