Hi has anyone managed to get Multimedia messaging working on the HTC 8X on the GiffGaff network? or does anyone have the settings off an O2 phone to point me in the right direcrtion as they must be similar as GiffGaff piggy backs off O2. Thanks in advance

I'm in the same boat, but need them for Three. The ones on their website don't work!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sibrecat View Post
    Hi has anyone managed to get Multimedia messaging working on the HTC 8X on the GiffGaff network? or does anyone have the settings off an O2 phone to point me in the right direcrtion as they must be similar as GiffGaff piggy backs off O2. Thanks in advance
    Try these settings for O2.
    APN Settings

Access Point: mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username: o2web
    Password: password

These worked for me on 02. Good luck!
    Sent from my HTC 8X using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by benryder View Post
    I'm in the same boat, but need them for Three. The ones on their website don't work!
    Did you buy the phone off Three themselves?, i bought an unlocked model and am struggling to get to the bottom of this :(

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Slightly off topic but can I ask what kind of data speeds you're getting with your 8X on GiffGaff? I know the phone supports the new DC-HSDPA network on o2 which means Giffgaff should get it as well?

Well it flies along in the right signal areas, as there is no speed test app yet cant quote figures or send MMS lol

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    hahaha true. is it showing 'H' or 'H+' in the top left corner of the status bar?

Its showing H at the moment, might show H+ time to time not really noticed

It may be that MMS doesn't work with the HTC 8X on GiffGaff/O2

I have just returned my HTC 8X because it wouldn't download any apps (under 20Mb) or update any apps (under 20Mb) on giffgaff, email/internet worked ok (was a bit flakey) but I kept on getting a service not available message.

Wifi worked fine for updates but it seemed pretty pointless to have a great phone and unlimited data without being able to download any new small apps.

Strange fault that, my internet works floorless, often getting H+ displayed and good speed to boot, just cant get MMS to work as im not sure of what the correct settings should be and no one appears to be able to tell me either

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    i had this problem also - the solution is to leave the proxy server and proxy port settings blank. when i put in the numbers i found online, i could only browse - no 'download' services worked, including marketplace, zune pass, tellme etc.

after wiping those, everything worked fine...you should ask them for your 8X back!

Can u send MMS olivercobb?

I got an unlocked model from 3, as soon as I stuck a o2 micro sim in, HTC's Connection setup app kicked in and asked me which o2 settings I wanted and after a restart I was away. Looking at the Connection Setup GiffGaff settings are there aswell. So try that.

I think H+ is usually for uploading and downloading, otherwise it will stay on H.

Tried it on several occasions, does nothing, sees the sim then tells me to restart the phone which i do but there is never any settings in there

These settings work for me on O2, not sure if GiffGaff use their own gateways though being a MVNO...

APN: wap.o2.co.uk
    Username: o2wap
    Password: password (I think, blanked out now)
    WAP gateway port (URL): 82.132.254.1
    WAP gateway port: 8080
    MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk/
    MMSC port: 8002
    Max MMS size: blank
    IP Type: IPv4
    Thanked by:

I used the connection app on the phone and it didn't work, I also set up an APN by hand with blank proxy etc and that didn't work either. I had one day left before the 14 days were up so I decided on a return, it might be a problem with O2 network and the 8X it may be a set up problem with the htc connect app it may just be a user problem. But a phone you can't use to download apps etc, and I couldn't play wordament apart from on wifi doesn't work for me.

You can have O2 push the connection settings to your phone from the MyO2 site, just go to "my phone" when you've logged in and check it's detected the 8X.
    Then there's an option on the page to send the connection settings. Minute or so later you'll have a prompt on your screen saying updated settings have been recieved etc and prompts you to reboot.

I can't say this will sort your MMS settings as id already provided my phone the settings in my last post by this point, but it may resolve people with data issues like pieman had?

Blair you are a genius, finally got it working. Just swapped the O2 stuff with giffgaff but kept wap and mmsc the same,thanks again

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    nope but i don't have any actual credit in my account. try the htc connection setup to see if it lets you enter MMS settings manually?

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    if you do find a way to put them in manual, these codes should work:
    MMS APN
    Access Point Name - giffgaff.com
    Username - giffgaff
    Password - password
    Proxy address - 193.113.200.195
    Proxy port - 8080
    MMSC - http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

Oliver them codes didn't work for me, been trying them for days etc, tried the ones Blair gave but replaced O2 apn with giffgaff and its worked

Quote Originally Posted by Blair McGregor View Post
    These settings work for me on O2, not sure if GiffGaff use their own gateways though being a MVNO...

APN: wap.o2.co.uk
    Username: o2wap
    Password: password (I think, blanked out now)
    WAP gateway port (URL): 82.132.254.1
    WAP gateway port: 8080
    MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk/
    MMSC port: 8002
    Max MMS size: blank
    IP Type: IPv4
    Finally!!!! Thank you so much This has been a complete pain for many days now

I couldn't find any setting that worked for me. Then I found a "chat with a guru" button on MyO2. He pushed out a message and had it sorted in a minute or so.