- 11-21-2012, 08:52 PM #1
Ok so I switched from Android to My new 8X which is awesome!! I have a few questions though and need a lil help. Here we go LOL
1) How do I transfer music to my phone, is it like android phones where the internal memory just shows up or is there a program like iTunes?
2) What is the difference between xbox live games and regular games?
3) How do I pay for apps/games?
4) What is all of the Xbox stuff, like music+video, xbox games
5) How do I kill apps running in the back ground? I heard that I need to use the back button to leave apps instead of the home button, is this true?
6) Htc 8x question- Does the led notification light that comes on when charging, work with text messages?
7) How come youtube doesn't play music videos but plays everything else?
I think thats all for now, hopefully you all can help
11-21-2012, 09:09 PM #2
- 143 Posts
1) Like Android
2) Xbox Live games earn Achievements
3) With a Debit/Credit Card or Using your network provider adds cost to monthly bill
4) Xbox music is like Microsoft's version of iTunes etc.
5) Go to "Settings" slide to "Applications" then click background tasks.
6) No at the moment its just for charging (Hoping it might change)
7) Download "Metro Tube"
Hope this helps.
- 11-21-2012, 09:14 PM #3
1) 7.x used Zune which was great but unfortunately they were idiots and completely scrapped it. If you have windows 8 there is a connector app for syncing, just search windows phone in the store. For 7 and lower there is a new desktop connector that I believe you can find somewhere on windowsphone.com that links in with iTunes and others. Drag and drop through windows explorer also works.
2) Xbox games are tied into the live network and support achievements as well as universal leaderboards and friendslists just like xbox console games.
3) Add your credit card or paypal to the wallet app
4) Xbox music, formerly Zune is the default music player. The games hub includes access to your xbox live account and games install to a list there as opposed to the regular applist
5) Unless they're specifically supposed to run a task, background apps are frozen to conserve memory. If you use the home button to go back to the start screen it will freeze the app at that point. If you back all the way out of it using the back button it will close.
6) The LED light glows red while charging and green when full then blinks red if the battery is low and green for missed calls. No messaging alerts though.
7) Music videos are from Vevo who doesn't allow youtube to show them on mobile. They have their own app in the store.
11-21-2012, 09:15 PM #4
- 59 Posts
1) simply drag and drop when plugged in with usb.
2) most Xbox live games will have achievements that contribute to your gamerscore or onlinegames/leaderboards using your gamertag or use your avatar. The non xbox games will have none of these things.
3) You need to register a credit/debit card to the wallet app
4) The games are not xbox games so don't be expecting the likes of battlefield 3 graphics. There are things like Sonic that are the same. Xbox music seems pretty cool though there are some issues with creating playlists. There is a 30 day trial if you haven't already spent it on your xbox.
5) If you hold the back button for a couple of seconds it will bring up all the apps currently open. Also if you swipe right to left in settings you can allow/deny apps to run in the background
6) LED only works with charging I'm afraid.
7) Don't know, you can always watch music videos through xbox music.
- 11-22-2012, 12:21 AM #6
I don't know if you can do it on the phone since I don't have mine yet but if you have the file on your computer you can cut it down in audacity so that it's under 40 seconds and 1MB then set the genre as ringtone in the metadata. when you copy it to the phone it will show in your ringtones list instead of your music collection.
- 11-22-2012, 01:52 AM #7
There are some limitation I just came across a few days ago. You can change the call and alarm ringtones but no the messages or email ones. In these settings you won't see any of you ringtones. Perhaps this is by design or a bug in WP8.
- By philharmonik in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 16Last Post: 11-16-2012, 08:24 AM
- By iJuan in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM
- By computerfreak123 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 09-15-2012, 04:13 PM
- By wp7 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 27Last Post: 01-11-2012, 09:41 AM
- By szamek64 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 6Last Post: 09-15-2011, 05:22 PM