Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

i just got an htc windows 8x phone on christmas eve...man oh man the battery life sucks big time i charged my battery to the fullest yesterday went to work to listen to music and texted a few people when i got home 6hrs later my battery life was almost gone are u kidding me they built this great phone charged an arm and a leg for it and they screw up on the battery life...i guess they got the smurfs for the battery cause it sucksssss....
    Quote Originally Posted by nana_2012 View Post
    i just got an htc windows 8x phone on christmas eve...man oh man the battery life sucks big time i charged my battery to the fullest yesterday went to work to listen to music and texted a few people when i got home 6hrs later my battery life was almost gone are u kidding me they built this great phone charged an arm and a leg for it and they screw up on the battery life...i guess they got the smurfs for the battery cause it sucksssss....
    You have to drain the battery in full first before charging it. After that you need to install the portico update which significantly improves battery life.
    Don't drain all the first two weeks and if you install portico, down to 10% is enough.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

I'm proud of my 8X.

4d without charging ... (but most time in power saving mode)
    About 20min usage a day.

I know not the normal usecase but still ... 4 Days! :D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121230_0002.png  

what is nfc?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz Watts View Post
    what is nfc?
    Let me google that for you
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.
    hipporama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdiddy View Post
    lmao!

Device: O2 HTC Windows Phone 8X 16Gb

I've been with my 8X now since x-mas and the battery life for me has been very good. I'm not a crazy user, but I do put the phone through it's paces throughout the day. I work out on the road and I'm constantly txt'ing, using navigation, taking pictures, listening to podcasts, etc... And by the time I get home I usually have about 40-50% battery left. In my 1 week of ownership, I've only had to charge the phone 1 time before I went to sleep. And that only time was when I was on the phone non-stop all day because I had just gotten it.

Compared to all my previous android phones, and my most recent galaxy nexus, the 8X has a good bit better battery life than all those did. I don't know if most of you guys have unrealistic expectations, or have 17 different things running at once all day long, but in my experience with pretty good every day use, my battery life has been better than expected

My battery life has been very good until this past week I installed a few things and now I need to go back and figure out what is having the negative affect on battery life. Its not horrible, but not like it was. Where I can go say 8 hours of being on and used very little (a few texts, small bit of internet use over wifi, etc), I'd expect to have a good 90% remaining and now I'm probably seeing closer to 70%. My Stock Tracker, Amazing Weather, and Skype are my current best guesses...

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Try updating Skype and seeing if that helps. Currently seems to be but I havent had much time to really gauge. Do you use push email; try setting to every 15 minutes?

Those are the two that I have done and they MAY be helping so far. All other things I tried had unnoticeable effects.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Idk what everybody is talking about. My vzw 8x gets great battery life.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney79 View Post
    Idk what everybody is talking about. My vzw 8x gets great battery life.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    I agree. I can go at least 10 maybe 12 hours with a descent amount of usage. We must be lucky. (Verizon black 8x by the way).
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....Looking forward to going back Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x (iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I live in the Philippines and I have an unlocked 8X California Blue. My battery life is quite good actually. Below is what I did today:

• 6 AM - Started the day with 100% fully charged
    • 9 AM - 12 PM - Downloaded a lot of games. Medium brightness and Wifi was always on because I dowloaded about 10 - 15 games the whole time (our internet here in the Philippines is very slow :(
    • 1 PM - 4 PM - My friend played ALL the games I downloaded. He has an 8S and was testing the games I downloaded so he can download those he liked on his. I also demoed Maps for about 10 minutes with GPS turned on. Brightness was still medium.
    • 6 PM - Got home and had about 20% battery left. Charged it.

Considering the things I did, I am happy with the battery life on my 8X

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I've only had my 8X for 3 days but the battery life has been surprisingly good. And that's with messing with it pretty much constantly getting it set up, etc. I took it off the charger yesterday morning about 7:30 and at 9:00 last night I still had about 30% . For a new phone that I seldom put down I didn't think that was bad. Had the screen set on full brightness and no battery saving feature turned on. I'm coming from a Galaxy Nexus that had horrible battery life even after I got an extended battery for it. I regularly had to charge it at work by mid-afternoon. Anyway, so far I'm happy with the battery life. The Fatboy charging pillow worked great last night too - didn't use it the first night. (Verizon employee edition 8X)

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    The battery on this thing is a breath of fresh air in comparison to my nexus 4. Now THAT is one bad battery.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    wp_ss_20130105_0005.png
    It really does vary whether the battery lasts me a day or not. Today had the phone being idle a bit of the time, but I did spend a few spans using Rowi, checking in via 4th and Mayor, as well as going in to another app or two. Still figuring out how this'll work through my day, but coming from a RAZR it's better than that phone was, though Seattle is a weird case of LTE signals being strong then falling off, which just kills battery life.

Following up as I've been removing one app at a time and waiting a day trying to determine why my battery life isn't what it was originally. I can compare to my wife's phone and know that something is taking a portion of battery life with it even when not in use. Today my battery has been good. This could be premature, but last night I removed Amazing Weather and also shut off and powered back on the phone. I had never cycled power before, and I'm kinda disappointed in myself for making two changes at once. But I'm assuming Amazing Weather was my culprit. And mind you, its not like I was going through battery like crazy, but where after 12 hours I used to still be around 80% (with very little use) I was down around 60%. I will also add that I did not have the location service enabled in Amazing Weather. And I had played around with updating only every 2 and 4 hours. I had removed two location tiles that were pinned to the start on the previous night and had disabled any background services that I could long ago. So it appears Amazing Weather was causing some battery drain or rebooting helped.

What I'm going to do now, is give if a few days to make sure that things remain settled, and then I will add Amazing Weather back again to see if it reproduces the somewhat modest impact to battery life. More to follow....

I am confused as to why people are having so many battery issues. I get better battery life with the HTC 8x than any other smartphone I have ever owned. I get more then a whole day with normal use and I have gone 3 days without charging on a slow week. If you are having problem with the battery I would return your device for another one as it must be defective.

Or you've installed an app that isn't battery friendly. Can't just assume bad hardware, it just isn't that simple.

GreenScrew is right! Just last night I was trying some panorama apps and without using my phone, I notice the battery draining like crazy!!!!! Uninstalled all 3 apps and now my battery is back to normal use.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I picked up my HTC 8X last night - it was almost dead so charged it up right before I went to bed. Then at 6 a.m. CST it was at 100% - right now its 1:05 p.m. and I'm at 13% which I expected for the first few charges that my battery life wouldn't be so great. But I did spend most of the day with the NFC on - after reading this I turned it off and now I see it draining it a bit slower. So I'll know a bit better probably by next week. But in the meantime I LOVE this PHONE!

i have just got my 8x, sorry to sound stupid but what is nfc?

NFC= Near Field Communication. It's called "tap+send" in settings.

My battery on the 8X is okay, it does for work, i haven't received portico yet, however...

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    I go from charge to charge super easy. How's the cell service in your area. No phone is going to have good battery life if it is constantly searching for service.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast