Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

My previous phone was a Dell Venue Pro. There is a easter in HTC and Dell WP7 that allowed into a hidden menu/app. Dell Venue Pro has a secret easteregg - Windows Phone Hacker

I tried the same code on the HTC 8x and it worked.

1. Dial ##634#
    2. Accept

picture003.jpg

You can test LED, vibrates, and flash. It also installs an App called CSDDiag
    Last edited by theWindowsCow; 11-18-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Ha, nice. Just tried and it works. Pretty pointless but interesting though. Nice one! :)
    - Dubstep, Reggae, Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Breaks, Ska & more.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditched my iPhone 4S for the HTC 8X... No regrets!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I just did it to =D
    Doesn't really let you test allot though =/

Yep, I saw this a while ago over at xda. ##3424# also brings up the same app - useless but there you go :p
    theWindowsCow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shinygerbil View Post
    Yep, I saw this a while ago over at xda. ##3424# also brings up the same app - useless but there you go :p
    This one brought up the tests for the flash, LEDs and vibrate. The one in the first post brought up radio tests and something else I didn't want to mess with as I didn't understand it. It lets you test 1x, EVDO and GPS radios, giving you detailed info on signal strength, channel etc.

Really you got different test with ##634#? Mine are the exact same.

Yeah, on my Verizon 8X it brings up a screen labeled EmbeddedTool. It has two selections available, one is Diag, with a couple settings I don't really understand, and FieldTrial, which gives me the radio options. I now have an app called DiagnosticTool that, when selected, gives me a screen with my MEID, IMEI, SIM ID and VERSION. I can't do anything though, it's just the info.

Yeah, on mine (o2 uk) ##634# aka ##MFG# and ##3424# aka ##DIAG# are the same menu. Different 8X's seem to have different settings though!

I see I am T-mobile US

any changes we can make on the Verizon 8x's that will enable group messaging?? lol

This is not working for my HTC 8X on AT&T. If I enter ##634# or ##3424# the numbers disappear when I enter the last # and nothing happens.

Tell me, was your Venue Pro able to be jailbroken? When I type in ##634#, it takes me to a screen where it says I could transfer some sort of data between the device and a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    Yeah, on my Verizon 8X it brings up a screen labeled EmbeddedTool. It has two selections available, one is Diag, with a couple settings I don't really understand, and FieldTrial, which gives me the radio options. I now have an app called DiagnosticTool that, when selected, gives me a screen with my MEID, IMEI, SIM ID and VERSION. I can't do anything though, it's just the info.
    Does it allow you to set your phone to 3G only mode? My phone is always on EDGE even I have strong 3G signal here and I am dying for the 3G only lock setting!

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    For the LED test, there's green, red, and key. Anybody knows what the key does!

Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post
    For the LED test, there's green, red, and key. Anybody knows what the key does!
    Key is the softkey backlight.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadstar0410 View Post
    Key is the softkey backlight.
    oh I didn't notice that, thanks!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    I tried it on my Verizon 8X and got the same.

##778# brings up the Verizon PST servicexmwnu which allows you to change a host of settings. Its the one the service techs use. I'd advise not fooling with it unless you know what you are doing.

I got the same embedded tools. wondering if the Diagnostic Mode could be used to jailbreak/root the device like android.
    Developer

CSDIAg could be starting by using these codes
    ##634#;
    ##778#;
    ##786#;
    ##3424#

with the last update it has much better tools to test your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Adams View Post
    CSDIAg could be starting by using these codes
    ##634#;
    ##778#;
    ##786#;
    ##3424#

with the last update it has much better tools to test your phone.
    But can the embedded tool be used to jailbreak the phone?
    Developer

Unfortunately , no. :(

We all are waiting for jailbreak. Not because want to install anything for free. I don't like piracy. But we need more abilities. WP8 has them, but MS gives nothing to us (users and developers). By unknown reasons, MS doing nothing to catch iOS and Android. If they cannot do something, let us do it.
    WP8 is my second chance to MS. Wp7 was died and I sold my two Lumia 800 and bought iPhone, telling myself to never return back to MS. But after WP8 release I bought 8X. Again thinking that MS can give us more. But from day to day,my patience is reducing. :( Wp8 (internally) has everything we need( as users and developers) to make it number 1 mobile OS.

But why can't it be used?

I tried Dial ##634# last night. Not much there. Then today out of the blue I get an app update for CSDDiag. It has a lot more features and you run them from the app instead of dialing...
    Last edited by krause99; 02-14-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by krause99 View Post
    I tried Dial ##634# last night. Not much there. Then today out of the blue I get an app update for CSDDiag. It has a lot more features and you run them from the app instead of dialing...
    Update will come only if you run CSDiag app once.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast