Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has ANYONE even received their preorder 8x yet (blue or black)???

I haven't even gotten that infamous delayed email.. And the stores near me already have the black in stock, argh!

I got a shipping notification and FedEx tracking number last night for a Monday (11/19) delivery. Pre-ordered black 8X on 11/9 in the morning. If you haven't received any notification at all, I would contact VZW by phone at 1-800-922-0204.

Id just have them refund it and go to your local corporate store. I walked into my store yesterday and could have walked out with black, red, or blue.

I've called every day for the past three days. My card was charged two days ago. Each time I call, I'm told it was supposed to ship 11/13 and that it is now 'pending shipment'. The girl I talked to this morning told me she would contact the warehouse to have it overnighted to me and would call me with a tracking number. I'm not holding my breath. If you can find a unit in-store, I'd cancel the preorder. Since I've already been charged (and the charge has posted, its no longer just a hold), it will be hard for me to go that route. So I wait. And call every day and hear the same thing. If Monday passes with no phone, I will pitch a fit on Tuesday until they either refund my money or give me a tracking number.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxcid View Post
    Id just have them refund it and go to your local corporate store. I walked into my store yesterday and could have walked out with black, red, or blue.
    I thought the red was online only.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Not shipping yet. I'm betting they were low on inventory and decided to have the preorders get the shaft while the stores got the inventory in an effort to sell more phones.

I'm fairly certain that's exactly what they did. And then they charged the pre-orders cards before they were anywhere close to shipping in an effort to discourage us from cancelling and buy in-store. I am not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by kappasiggus View Post
    I thought the red was online only.
    From everything I've read, it is online only. Also, the web site was saying it wouldn't ship until the 21st, even as pre-orders opened, so I can't imagine you could get it in store before that. Not to mention I've not heard of a single person getting anything other than black in store, and even those are hard to find since most stores only got a few in yesterday.

I pre-ordered the black 8x. Mine shipped on 11/15, but is sitting in a local Fedex facility till delivery on Monday, 11/19.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio5x0 View Post
    I pre-ordered the black 8x. Mine shipped on 11/15, but is sitting in a local Fedex facility till delivery on Monday, 11/19.
    Same. It's literally 5 minutes away...

I had pre-ordered the blue at 3am when the pre-order went live on 11/9. I waited and waited for a shipment notification, nothing. I walked into my verizon store, they had the blue 8X on display, asked what they had in stock and only had 2 black. I had them cancel my pre-order(they didn't even know they could, neither did I), and purchased the black in store. Happy 8X user now :)

Quote Originally Posted by 0x3g3n View Post
    I had pre-ordered the blue at 3am when the pre-order went live on 11/9. I waited and waited for a shipment notification, nothing. I walked into my verizon store, they had the blue 8X on display, asked what they had in stock and only had 2 black. I had them cancel my pre-order(they didn't even know they could, neither did I), and purchased the black in store. Happy 8X user now :)
    I would have done the same thing, but it had already shipped. Was hoping I would get lucky and Fedex would beat the weekend.

Global Posts
    2,602 Global Posts
    Is data sense available on Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Is data sense available on Verizon?
    Data sense is Verizon exclusive for 6 months.

Global Posts
    2,602 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 0x3g3n View Post
    Data sense is Verizon exclusive for 6 months.
    So it is already working on the 8X?

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    So it is already working on the 8X?
    Yep works fine on my 8X(that I know of.. set a 2gb limit and have only used ~300meg so far). You setup a data limit and it will limit apps once you get near your cap. It will also put a little icon on the live tile letting you know that the app is data restricted.
    Thanked by:

Black seems to be the only one that has shipped in terms of pre-orderes and the only ones in store. I'm hopeful that Blue ships on 11/19 as some have said. As of now, my order for my Blue 8X has remained at awaiting inventory.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I received mine yesterday. Pre-ordered black on 11/9 at 8:30am. I am not sure if it is because I am on a business account or because I complained to my rep, but mine shipped next day.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Jason, I'm on a business account, and I called, and they still haven't gotten back to me. :/

I preordered mine from Best Buy and still haven't gotten mine yet but Best Buy just dropped the price of the HTC 8X to $99.99 so that makes up for having to wait for it.
    HTC - Windows Phone 8X 4G Mobile Phone - Black (Verizon Wireless) - HTC6990LVWBK

On Fedex vehicle for delivery. I'm in the boat with all those people who's phones have been sitting at a nearby Fedex facility over the weekend.

Is there a reason that BestBuy has it for $100 less than Verizon or Amazon? I want to pick it up, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by gohatters View Post
    Is there a reason that BestBuy has it for $100 less than Verizon or Amazon? I want to pick it up, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious.
    The ETF when you buy from a retailer is usually higher than buying directly from Verizon. Plus you might have restrictions that you can't downgrade your plan. You'll only notice if you change your plan or cancel your account. I bought my last phone from Amazon knowing this but I have no plans to cancel and if I do, I know that my ETF will be $350 and not $250.

Global Posts
    970 Global Posts
    I thought the Verizon one included a wireless charger? I don't see that listed in the Best Buy version unless I'm just missing it? Also, if I am currently grandfathered on the unlimited data plan, will I have to change that if I get this through Best Buy? Thanks in advance.

---------- Post Merged at 06:26 PM ----------

I thought the Verizon one included a wireless charger? I don't see that listed in the Best Buy version unless I'm just missing it? Also, if I am currently grandfathered on the unlimited data plan, will I have to change that if I get this through Best Buy? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jleebiker; 11-19-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I pre-ordered on the 11th--a blue 8x & 3 iphones for the rest of the family. Scheduled ship-by date was the 16th, which of course came & went w/no apparent activity. Appealed to @VZWSupport on twitter & was told my order was "charged and pending shipment to be released 11/19". I looked & saw that my cc was charged for all 4 phones & got all excited when I got a "your order was shipped" e-mail. Then I got another. And another. And then I noticed that the cell #s I asked to be ported over were on the e-mails. So the 3 iphones are coming, but so far nothing for the 8x. :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast