Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    The Chief has spoken - End of discussion

The chief of Nokia Central.

Quote Originally Posted by Smg-Uk View Post
    The chief of Nokia Central.
    From the wannabe chief of HTC central?

From the wannabe chief of HTC central?
    Hmm right... I have not said anything that wasn't fact or my own opinion and last time checked i am not the editor of the site who is supposed to be more neutral and subjective. So we are all supposed to agree with whatever the editor writes.. Strange.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I made the swap today!

Quote Originally Posted by Smg-Uk View Post
    Hmm right... I have not said anything that wasn't fact or my own opinion and last time checked i am not the editor of the site who is supposed to be more neutral and subjective. So we are all supposed to agree with whatever the editor writes.. Strange.
    My comments were only meant to bring a little levity to the thread - was all getting a bit too serious - need Villain to put his avatar up Why so serious??
    Thanked by:
    Smg-Uk 

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Honestly, it is rather odd that WPCentral hasn't done a HTC 8x review yet or, better yet, a proper head-to-head versus the Lumia 920 (even though its clear who would win in their minds). One would think that the premier Windows Phone website would get the review done....The excuse of wanting to spend more time with the device has long passed. That being said, this is a fan-blog and it's not like the editors are making the big bucks. Grateful for what coverage we get.

After using both devices, I went ahead and ordered the HTC 8x. Pretty much, the Lumia 920 is certainly a more capable phone, but the form factor/thickness/overly sharp corners really does it make it rather cumbersome. There are a good deal people out there who don't wear baggy pants all day every day or carry a purse around, so the 8x makes sense from a pure physical standpoint.

The much-criticized editors of the Verge, Gizmodo, etc certainly do have a point about the 920 (although I thick weight is less of an issue but rather the overall form factor).. It could indeed be a disastrous choice on Nokia's part to opt for a thicker and wider body for the 920 in the end because its form factor is obviously the first thing people notice when they handle it in-stores. I certainly hope it doesn't because I do love the 920 (and Windows Phone) and as a previous user posted, it does best the 8x in pretty much every quality besides shape/weight/size/form factor/design/etc.

That all being said, I am admittedly being very shallow by going for the 8x and maybe its just my heart talking and not my brain, but for the way I use my phone, I do need a more pocketable and hand-friendly device.

I find it strange people saying the 8x has a better camera. I have taken about two dozen photographs in different conditions and not 1 has come out in focus.
    My Omnia 7 is way better at taking photographs than my 8x

My comments were only meant to bring a little levity to the thread - was all getting a bit too serious - need Villain to put his avatar up Why so serious??
    True I did go over the top my apologies.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Evans View Post
    I find it strange people saying the 8x has a better camera. I have taken about two dozen photographs in different conditions and not 1 has come out in focus.
    My Omnia 7 is way better at taking photographs than my 8x
    Again, compare the photos in the 8X picture thread to the ones in the 920 picture thread.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I can't believe how few 920 owners notice the shimmery, grainy quality of its screen. It's subtle, but perceptible. I'm not sure if it's the PureBlack polarization or the oleophobic coating, but the 8X doesn't have the issue. Maybe my eyes are too good for my own good or I've just been spoiled by owning a One X and iPhone 5.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123