View Poll Results: Are you Cancelling your preorder and picking up at a store today?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Already Done

1 6.25%
  • Planning On it

6 37.50%
  • No

9 56.25%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By schartzr

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    All you fellow Verizon customers that ordered an HTC 8x, what are you doing today?

I've got 5 or 6 stores close by I plan to call this morning and see if they have inventory. I'll post back if I find one. :)

Global Posts
    944 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    All you fellow Verizon customers that ordered an HTC 8x, what are you doing today?
    Yup, cancelled mine last night. I'm trying out the 822 and 8x in store today.

I'm not canceling until I have one in hand, but yeah I plan on heading to a store. Hopefully with them springing this 11/15 date on us if they do have them they might not sell out because people didn't know they released today.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckpec29 View Post
    I'm not canceling until I have one in hand, but yeah I plan on heading to a store. Hopefully with them springing this 11/15 date on us if they do have them they might not sell out because people didn't know they released today.
    Yep same here. Wont cancel till I have one in hand

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Just went to my local corporate store. Never received them. No stores in my area have. They were supposedto be delivered last night but weren't. No demo in Store. Just the lumia.dissapointed in HTC same debacle with att. Swinging back around 1030 when FedEx usually drops things off.

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Chalk this up as a fail on htcs end for not supplying us with the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Just called 5 stores. 2 told me they could order. The other 3 (Corporate Stores) said to call back after 3pm FedEx may have them today. The one store said if they get them in she would hold one and call me back.

After reading all these posts the last few days.... I wont hold my breath. :/

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Since I'm working (I'm a teacher), I can't go get it. I temporarily put my father on my account to go pick one up for me at 9:30! I haven't heard back yet, but the store I called ALSO said they have them in stock last night, so we'll see!

If anyone in NJ knows of a store that has them IN STOCK, share the love!
    Last edited by Agpe17; 11-15-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Verizon Wireless at Williamstown / Turnersville

2090 N Black Horse Pike
    Williamstown, NJ 08094
    (856) 740-6200

Just called. The shipment literally just arrived. They are scanning them into their system now! Hope this helps someone =)

I didn't vote because I'm actually looking at making things more complicated for myself. I just called my local store and they said they had it, I made sure it wasn't the 822 they were talking about, he said they had both. I really want the red one though, so I'm htinking of picking up a black one today and preordering a red, which should arrive in 14 days. I'll then return the black. This way I get to have an 8X now, but still get the color I actually want.

Called the local store this morning (Enfield Ct) at 10:15. I was told they didn't have any 8X's yet, but would be getting them later today. Called again at 12:30 - This time they have the 8X, but only in black. I asked about the 822's..... only black as well.
    I was told to call back later, they are expecting another shipment today of the colored phones. Really? Are they actively trying to mess this whole release up intentionally?

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I got my 8X all they had was black i wanted blye but the more i looked at it I liked the Black so Canceled my pre order and got the phone WOOT WOOT
    jasqid likes this.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Got a black 8X at the Verizon store at Bridgeport Village in Lake Oswego, OR (Portland.) They got 4 in stock, and they arrived about an hour before I got there.

They did have a California Blue display model that they were setting up as I was looking at the 822s.

I had a preorder for a California Blue 8x, but I'm glad I went black. The California Blue is just too purple for me.

I knew it was bad, but the speed and responsiveness of the 8X makes me realize how absolutely horrible the Trophy was.

The in-store display was nice and the manager was directing people to the "Windows 8" phones when they walked in. All the employees had WP8-related shirts on too.
    Last edited by sabi; 11-15-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Called around this morning again and no one has gotten the 8x in Blue still...... grrrr.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I say it needs an option for "I ordered red so it doesn't really matter"