| | 11-15-2012, 02:24 AM #1
My phone just arrived earlier today.
It's just been a full day only, but I would like to tell you some of the things that I liked the most so far and some of the things that I found to be not so great.
- Form factor. It can't be said enough, if you like taller and narrower designs, you will love the 8X. The weight is very good and well balanced. It doesn't feel too light as if it's going to break or something.
- Build quality. The materials are great, the soft touch back is awesome but prone to dust and moisture from your hands. Everything seems and feels well built. I recommend a case. The one from HTC I bought is the best case I've ever seen or used. It has a mixture of hard plastic and rubber that makes it a joy to hold it.
- Screen size. The size is what I long tought to be the "sweet spot" for mobile phones. It's only my opinion and many have different tastes but for me, the size is just about right.
- Screen display. The quality of the display is really good. It's very bright and can be read easily on outdoors. The resolution, coming from an 800x600 Optimus 7 is a huge upgrade.
- The flush buttons. They are really, I mean really flushed into the body and sometimes you press them without feeling any sort of feedback from them. The power button is hard to reach if you use it one handed a lot. I wish it had been placed on the side. The camera button suffers from the lack of feedback. Using a case by HTC, I don't feel the twostep shutter when taking pictures. After a few snaps I didn't feel the two steps most of the time.
- Auto brightness. I don't know if it's WP8 or the firmware but it seems to take some time to adjust. With medium brightness it looks great, so I set it to that after a few hours. I think a firmware or OS update should make it more sensitive.
This is what I've found the first day with it. I really don't have anything negative to say other that the buttons and auto brightness. On the coming days I may find any other details I don't like, but so far I'm loving this phone.
I Hope this helps some of the undecided guys looking to jump to WP8 right away.