Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Called local VZW store and they have the Nokia in stock for tomorrow, but no 8X as of yet. Not promising news...

Global Posts
    1,250 Global Posts
    Just called my corporate store for ****es and giggles, according to the young lady I talked with, the launch for both the 822 and 8X is tomorrow Nov 15th.

They don't have any in stock and unless they receive some tomorrow, I can't even pick one up. The way she talked, they might be lucky to get a dummy model in for tomorrow.

Sheeish, glad I'm not considering buying one of them any time soon.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kthoag View Post
    On the phone with VZW, they transferred me a couple times and eventually asked me for my number so they could call me back while they looked into more information. Definitely feel like i'm getting the run-around.
    They wont call you back. I had 4 people do that and have no YET received a call back.

I called earlier this morning and was told that all orders placed before 11:30am of Friday would ship today. She told me that they didn't ship yesterday because it was veteran's day. Well, it's now 4pm and I haven't received any confirmation emails or anything. Really disappointed with Verizon.
    schartzr likes this.

I just got this in an email from Verizon. I wasn't aware that I was purchasing a car from Verizon. :) But, at least the communication lines are opening slightly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.png  

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Kalinsky View Post
    I just got this in an email from Verizon. I wasn't aware that I was purchasing a car from Verizon. :) But, at least the communication lines are opening slightly.
    Just got this as well

Quote Originally Posted by schartzr View Post
    Just got this as well
    So did I, but I pre-ordered the red 8x.

Just called again and they said the black ones will ship tomorrow but we probably won't receive them until Monday. Also called the closest store and they said the launch date is tomorrow but he didn't think any were coming in. Oh, and, I also received the email that was posted above. I think we should receive a discount off our phones, or at least get 1 day shipping so we can possibly have them this week.

Just got a notice from Verizon saying my "HTC Accord" didn't ship on 11/13 and I'll get a new email eventually when it does ship.

Just spoke with Cody at Verizon CS. He says anything ordered before 11:30 on 11/12 should have shipped out on 11/13. Anything after would ship on 11/19.
    I made the cut-off (8X Black) and according to his computer my phone shipped yesterday but he couldn't give me tracking info. Basically told me to keep waiting.

Well, I called another store nearby and this person told me that they would have it in stock tomorrow morning, so I don't know who or what to believe. Apparently, if you ordered the phone and it has already left the warehouse, you can't cancel the order. She told me that all I could do was simply "not accept it" and that I wouldn't be penalized or charged any fees for doing so. What a ride.

I just got off the phone with my local Verizon and it went something like this:

Me: Will you have the 8X tomorrow?
    V: I think we will but let me check the inventory paperwork for tomorrow

A few minutes later...

V: I can't seem to find them on the inventory for tomorrow but I know we are supposed to get a shipment of WP8 phones tomorrow that are not Nokias
    Me: Oh, OK. Is it possible to reserve a phone?
    V: No, sorry. We can't reserve these new phones.
    Me: What time do you open tomorrow?
    V: 10am.....you might want to check back at 6pm this evening
    Me: Really?
    V: Yes!

Hmmm, very interesting!

My pre order number changed to an order number about an hour ago, its a new layout on the ''check your order'' page. A drop down menu (+ sign) was available but the shipper was blank along with tracking number. Same ship date too. (13Nov)

It doesn't really matter if they are in store today, I ordered a red one and those are only available online (dumb).

The guy at my local store was very helpful. He called HQ and according to them pre-orders did not ship out on the 13th like they were supposed to. They shipped out on 11/14 but for some reason they don't have any tracking numbers yet but they were expected the numbers by the end of the day. And because my order shows up in their system as shipped he couldn't cancel it and give me one in the store. He says most likely I'll get the phone tomorrow (11/16). We'll see...

BTW, After finally playing with both I'm so glad I chose the 8X because the 822 is just plain ugly.
    Matt Levan likes this.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well, I went to the store and got to hold a beautiful 8x in my hand. I tried to buy it and cancel my preorder. They couldn't do so because my preorder was in "process." Not shipped, but in "process," the same thing it has said for ages on the website. No tracking info or anything either, so I guess I may not ship today nor will I be able to purchase it in store.

Quote Originally Posted by KingShango View Post
    The guy at my local store was very helpful. He called HQ and according to them pre-orders did not ship out on the 13th like they were supposed to. They shipped out on 11/14 but for some reason they don't have any tracking numbers yet but they were expected the numbers by the end of the day. And because my order shows up in their system as shipped he couldn't cancel it and give me one in the store. He says most likely I'll get the phone tomorrow (11/16). We'll see...

BTW, After finally playing with both I'm so glad I chose the 8X because the 822 is just plain ugly.
    They shipped out on the 14th and as of today, the 15th there's still no tracking numbers? I would not expect it to arrive tomorrow. But here's hoping... I'm waiting on an 8X in Blue/Purple myself.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Finally got my tracking number earlier. I'm hoping to see it tomorrow, Memphis is usually one day from me if they got it into the shipping center before the cutoff time for the Nashville shipment.

If you don't have tracking yet I have an idea. The FedEx reference number, on mine at least, is the store number followed by an underscore then three zeroes and the order number. Example: 1234567_000123456

I posted this in the other thread, and realized this one may be more appropriate.
    Thanked by:
    Matt Levan likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123