Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By ryan.kruger
  • 3 Post By rjlmnr
  • 1 Post By strokee

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    Yep, in purple. Interesting that I seen one of those before a 920.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j4rrod View Post
    yep, in california blue interesting that i seen one of those before a 920.
    ftfy

They do draw a lot of attention as do the Lumias - the screen resolution and the live tile layouts do make them stand out when you compare it to iphones or GS3's I have noticed since having my 8X that i catch a lot more people looking at my phone when im on the train and on the underground. Saw a guy across the carriage from me with a 920 this morning and i counted 10 people looking at the phone and all he was doing was re-arranging his icons

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts
    I still haven't seen any WP in the wild and it really bothers me. I see so many iPhones that I want to throw up.

Hopefully it will all change in the future.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    We'll hate windows phone when it's as popular as iOS too.

Jkjkjkjk

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    I still haven't seen any WP in the wild and it really bothers me. I see so many iPhones that I want to throw up.

Hopefully it will all change in the future.
    I've only seen one WP in the wild, and that was before WP8. When I went to the mall the other day to buy a 920 at the Microsoft Store, between the store and parking lot, I passed a lot of people with iPhones and some Androids (One X and Galaxy SIII). There's just so many iPhones, it really bothers me that it seems almost everyone has the same phone.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    I work for apple, and for very obvious reasons everyone and their mom here has an iOS device/phone. After years in the ecosystem - I decided to change.

Why?

My mom and dad got an iPhone.

Pushed me over the edge. End of story.

They're accessible, they're good looking... They're great for everyday users. But I'm an enthusiast - I need something bold and untraveled.

Enter WP8.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts
    I saw a 920 in the wild... at my barbershop. Then I noticed the dude had a Windows Phone AT&T shirt on. So that doesn't count. :blush:

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.kruger View Post
    I work for apple, and for very obvious reasons everyone and their mom here has an iOS device/phone. After years in the ecosystem - I decided to change.

Why?

They're accessible, they're good looking... They're great for everyday users. But I'm an enthusiast - I need something bold and untraveled.

Enter WP8.
    I am in the same boat, I work at apple, but i'm a technology enthusiast. webOS captured but killed my heart, and windows phone is putting the pieces back together.
    willied, Lean4838 and ut_jd like this.
    Went to my local Verizon store this after noon, ask about the windows phone and the rep said he just finished training and said none of the windows phone won't be in for a few weeks. What the **** Verizon so I went over to at&t and was able to test drive the 920 at $99 the 820 at $49 and the HTC 8x at $99 only had 8 gb memory. I know Verizon HTC 8x has 16 gb and free wireless charger $199 so I guess I must wait. I must say the htc8x was awasome size,feel,color blue I did not like the 920 size a little big for me. Come on Verizon "wake up" :mad:

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjlmnr View Post
    I am in the same boat, I work at apple, but i'm a technology enthusiast. webOS captured but killed my heart, and windows phone is putting the pieces back together.
    Me too. (The webOS part)

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

Why?

Enter WP8.
    That's probably why I am a sucker for totally non-mainstream devices after the while. I like your reasoning :)

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    The 8X probably made my 9th or 10th WP I've seen in the wild. The majority were Samsung Focuses. Don't think I've seen one Lumia though. Oh I once seen these two middle aged ladies, both with Titan IIs lol.

Seen?

Seriously?
    ut_jd likes this.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strokee View Post
    Seen?

Seriously?
    I wasn't going to stab at it - but yeah, this is pretty terrible.

And it was both in the title and the body :/

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjs37 View Post
    That's probably why I am a sucker for totally non-mainstream devices after the while. I like your reasoning :)
    Haha - yeah.

Even after seeing the freaking amazing specs on the Droid DNA - running an OS platform that looks absolutely disgusting in my opinion - I'm still getting the WP8 8X.

The best thing that can happen is WP beating out RIM and BB10 - but I'll be a part of the happy minority with my 8X, and then any other amazing WP Device Verizon decides it will loose.

I wasn't going to stab at it - but yeah, this is pretty terrible.

And it was both in the title and the body :/
    I was going to let it pass until I done seen it in a later reply. At that point I had saw enough :-)