Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwearWord View Post
    Mine says ship by 11/13
    When did you file your preorder?
    No I never preordered. Im just saying that's the current ship date the site reflects for all orders placed now.

Yours says 13th im assuming because you preordered before the first batch was depleted. Its the surface launch all over again!
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Im still reading a "ship by 11/19" so im sticking with the backordered theory. If they said they are pushing the launch back to the 27th I feel like the site would be updated to reflect something close to that
    When I called Monday morning, I was told my order was "backordered" to the 27th, so there could be some truth to that date. If so, Verizon is doing a pretty bad job of updating their website and setting customer expectations.

I read somewhere that AT&T stores were only getting one or two 8Xs in, so it could be a HTC production issue.

Needless to say, I am quite frustrated.

Time to cancel my pre-order and bag the whole windows phone thing. Just not ready for prime time

I’m new to posting here but came across this thread and must vent similar frustration. This is my first experience using Verizon as my company has a very cheap unlimited plan with them but I must say this is disappointing, especially after coming from Sprint where my last two phones, the Touch Pro 2 and EVO 4G were shipped out promptly…my TP2 was overnighted to me even.

I won’t pass judgment yet because it very well could be out of Verizon’s hands. After seeing the HTC "Droid DNA" though, I’m tempted to stick with Android….if it wasn’t for that ~2000mah battery they put in, I would’ve cancelled my pre-order already. All I want is some better information. I’ll be calling CS soon.

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    U folks are getting a little too worked up over a phone release date. Chill out lol. If it ships, it ships, if not, buy it in store.. Geez

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    U folks are getting a little too worked up over a phone release date. Chill out lol. If it ships, it ships, if not, buy it in store.. Geez

Except Verizon isn't telling us anything so we have no idea when it'll be in stores.

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    I'm seeing so many different stories on here...it seems nobody has an official answer to what is going on or when they will ship.

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tajones65 View Post
    Time to cancel my pre-order and bag the whole windows phone thing. Just not ready for prime time
    uh, your kidding right? this has got to be the most ignorant post ive ever seen!

your going to let the screw-ups at Verizon or htc (we don't know whos at fault yet) dis-sway you from WP8? This is in no way a problem with Windows Phone or Microsoft for that matter!
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwearWord View Post
    Except Verizon isn't telling us anything so we have no idea when it'll be in stores.
    15th

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kpxstar9 View Post
    15th

In stores the 15th? Wasn't it supposed to ship yesterday too?

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    In stores the 15th? Wasn't it supposed to ship yesterday too?
    Yea it was supposed to ship yesterday. It will be in stores on the 15th. I'll double check on that when I get to work today

Yea it was supposed to ship yesterday. It will be in stores on the 15th. I'll double check on that when I get to work today

What time's work? :)

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

That's just the thing. I was told by an employee at a store that she "thought" it would be in store the 18th. I truly appreciate the info you're giving the forum, but the main problem is no one at verizon seems to have a clue and everyone is saying different things. It's not your fault, and likely not even Verizon's fault, but a little transparency would go a long way. CS should send an email to those who preordered and explain the situation.

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    I'm really sorry this is turning into such a debacle. I, like the rest of you, am waiting for my phone to ship out as well. When I get to work today I'll check on it and see if I can get some more information

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    On this link depending on what color you click on it shows a different ship by date. Black: 11/15, Blue: 11/19 & Red 11/27. Seems maybe they didn't anticipate this many pre-orders especially in Blue & Red or for some reason HTC is having an issue getting the Verizon ones shipped and made quick enough.

Set Your Location
    Samsung Focus Flash on Straight Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by registerednurde View Post
    I am getting flashbacks of a not so pretty moment in my life involving something called The Thunderbolt.
    I remember the Thunderbolt debacle and am still limping along with mine. Because of that expereince I was hestitant to take the 8X plunge. Well...I've jumped in with both feet and am holding my breath. I'll give Verizon today to sort this out before I pull my preorder.

The 8X is already available on ATT so I don't understand why Verizon does not already have a cache of 8X phones ready to ship? I've also preorderd from Verizon before without a hitch. The 8X is Verizon's première Windows Phone and I expected a more seamless release.

I'm really sorry this is turning into such a debacle. I, like the rest of you, am waiting for my phone to ship out as well. When I get to work today I'll check on it and see if I can get some more information

Thanks Kpxstar9 for your diligence.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Touche, props to KPX for all the help.

VZW has two hours for me until I cancel my pre and just buy in-store tomorrow...not looking promising.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Now i'm getting worried that they aren't going to be in stores tomorrow. Sucks because I was really excited about getting this phone and now I have a bad taste in my mouth.
    ut_jd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoHand69 View Post
    The 8X is already available on ATT so I don't understand why Verizon does not already have a cache of 8X phones ready to ship? I've also preorderd from Verizon before without a hitch. The 8X is Verizon's première Windows Phone and I expected a more seamless release.
    It could well be on HTC since the Verizon version has wireless charging built-in so the manufacturing process has to include that. Maybe HTC couldn't get their production going on the Verizon version fast enough.

I'm personally hoping that it's just due to high demand. :)

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by to81mn514 View Post
    Now i'm getting worried that they aren't going to be in stores tomorrow. Sucks because I was really excited about getting this phone and now I have a bad taste in my mouth.
    You don't wanna KNOW what online reps and two phone reps said to me....

"No launch date available yet."

I also know that some reps are clueless, so I'm trusting of KPX more than anything. The only thing that's a bit scary to me is there are NO advertisements, posts online, or anything about tomorrow being the release date...which is odd.

EDIT:

Andrew: I'm giving it until 12:00. If there's no tracking number or update, I will check back in and cancel.
    Andrew: The phone comes out tomorrow in stores, correct?
    AGENTXX: Yes sir!
    AGENTXX: I am not seeing any tracking number but according to our system the device shipped yesterday on your date, 11/13.
    AGENT XX: I am going to contact our ware house to see if they can advise of a tracking number.

Yeah, I just canceled my pre-order and am going to play this one by ear. Right now it's easier for me to get an iPhone 5 than an 8X, and the iPhone 5 has been backordered for a month.

This is really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    VZW has two hours for me until I cancel my pre and just buy in-store tomorrow...not looking promising.
    *If* you can buy it in-store tomorrow. If they can't ship the pre-orders, can they ship them to stores? Certainly worth the call tomorrow a.m. to find out but I'm not canceling until I know they have one and I can get it. Might even buy it in store and then cancel. The odds that it ships while I'm buying in-store are pretty slim. Of course, I just jinxed myself. :)

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    Touche, props to KPX for all the help.

If I were you, I wouldn't cancel unless you have one in hand at a store. I've talked to more than one store, and they had NO idea when the phones were launching. Cancelling an actual order to hope that they will magically be in store tomorrow, and you will be one of the people to get what will likely be one of a very small amount of phones seems like a big gamble.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    You think if I call the store now they will tell me if they will have it tomorrow?
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast