Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Just want to add to the drama. I was chatting with a VZW rep online and they said
    "tomorrow it will launch to all channels"
    I asked if that meant it would be available in the store. They replied
    "correct"

He said he will check inventories at local stores for me and see about reserving two (I ordered two).

Maybe that's a way to go if you have pre-ordered like I did and don't want to cancel but want to see about getting them at the store tomorrow. Reserving them.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Talked to Verizon Corporate store here in Cleveland area, and they said they do not have any, but it may drop ship tomorrow :/.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGeorge View Post
    Just want to add to the drama. I was chatting with a VZW rep online and they said
    "tomorrow it will launch to all channels"
    I asked if that meant it would be available in the store. They replied
    "correct"

He said he will check inventories at local stores for me and see about reserving two (I ordered two).

Maybe that's a way to go if you have pre-ordered like I did and don't want to cancel but want to see about getting them at the store tomorrow. Reserving them.
    SO did he reserve 2 for you?

Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    I've called my local bestbuys just trying to find one (even if att) to play with. Asked for the HTC Windows Phone 8x and the lady was like "no, we don't have that. We have something similar its the 8x but its not Windows Phone" so I asked "so what is it?" she said she doesn't know. Clearly she didn't know what it is she had but I asked if they had one on display to play with and she said no, but I can order one. Like what? None of my local besbuys have a unit or even a dummy unit out but they can sell them. IM really just trying to hold one!

Not only that but the 920 is thrown in the corner with the old wp7 phones. Doesn't even have a sign, gotta ask for it.

I hope my Verizon store gets one out I can play with tomorrow. I really just wanna see how it feels.
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Just spoke to Verizon customer service. Guy was very confident that it's shipping out tomorrow. He said there was a delay shipping the phones to the Verizon warehouses. I asked when it will be in stores and he said that will also be tomorrow. He warned me against cancelling my order though because apparently there is huge demand for the 8x and that Verizon is expecting it to sell out in most stores within hours.

He ("Tony") said he would call me on my cell number later this afternoon to let me know. I told him to check any store in a 20 mile radius. Will he? I don't know, but he seemed genuine. He even said the rep next to him was talking with someone about the exact same issue.

Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    He ("Tony") said he would call me on my cell number later this afternoon to let me know. I told him to check any store in a 20 mile radius. Will he? I don't know, but he seemed genuine. He even said the rep next to him was talking with someone about the exact same issue.
    That's why Verizon hates windows phone!! All the paranoid customers call non stop about them! Lol
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen

Here we go guys, see the updated link below. Verizon has officially said available in store 11/15 via their news channel:

Nokia Lumia 822 - Windows Phone 8X by HTC

Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    That's why Verizon hates windows phone!! All the paranoid customers call non stop about them! Lol
    Not sure if you meant me, but this was my first time reaching out to them. I only did so because after reading through this topic did I realize it may be as far out at the 27th or even 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffEff View Post
    Here we go guys, see the updated link below. Verizon has officially said available in store 11/15 via their news channel:

So since it appears official that tomorrow stores will have them, shouldn't the people that pre-ordered be receiving them tomorrow too?

I've never pre-ordered a phone until this one. Does this happen often, that when pre-ordering, you could receive the phone after people can buy them in the store? Seems backwards to me but maybe typical?

Someone with experience please let me know.

Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    Not sure if you meant me, but this was my first time reaching out to them. I only did so because after reading through this topic did I realize it may be as far out at the 27th or even 19th.
    Nah I wasn't implying you call all the time lol just the fact that the guy next to Tony was also dealing with the same thing. And im sure many other reps in many other stores!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Well that is very upsetting. Well yes and no. I mean really?

Global Posts
    944 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with Verizon:

He said sometimes orders get behind and he saw mine is now 'in processing' and should ship today and I should get it Friday. But if I go get one in store before it ships the store can cancel my order.

Nah I wasn't implying you call all the time lol just the fact that the guy next to Tony was also dealing with the same thing. And im sure many other reps in many other stores!
    its cool.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    Just got off the phone with Verizon:

He said sometimes orders get behind and he saw mine is now 'in processing' and should ship today and I should get it Friday. But if I go get one in store before it ships the store can cancel my order.
    Everyone's says "in processing" Mine has said that since monday.

Still processing here

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Only one of my three local stores know about the 8X coming out tomorrow. One lady said she has no idea and has heard nothing, another guy looked it up and said all he knows about is pre-ordering on 11/9, and the store that knew about it (which is of course farthest from my house) said they have the Nokia 822 in already and expect the 8X later today or tomorrow morning.

Global Posts
    944 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schartzr View Post
    Everyone's says "in processing" Mine has said that since monday.

My local store will have some tomorrow so if it doesn't ship today I'll go to the store tomorrow.

If you ordered the gray Nokia or the Red 8x don't cancel your pre orders unless you are ok w/changing colors. The link above stated that the Gray Lumia and the Red 8x are only available for purchase online.

Its entertaining how anxious us tech enthusiasts are. I mean really, the amount of overreaction in this thread is crazy. But I type this as I've checked the link myself for probably the 4th time in two days. So while being anxious myself, I guess I'm a little more relaxed than most. I mean really, what is another day? And why not put faith in Vzw to deliver as they've stated? I mean, if they can get phones shipped to stores for tomorrow, as we all seem to be confident about, then they sure as heck better be able to get them shipped to those that pre-ordered, right? I think until they fail to meet the expectation (delivery tomorrow) everyone should just relax a bit...
    jdballard likes this.

Just called my local store; 7 minutes later, they are expected to launch tomorrow but they did not how many they will get.

I've called my local bestbuys just trying to find one (even if att) to play with. Asked for the HTC Windows Phone 8x and the lady was like "no, we don't have that. We have something similar its the 8x but its not Windows Phone" so I asked "so what is it?" she said she doesn't know. Clearly she didn't know what it is she had but I asked if they had one on display to play with and she said no, but I can order one. Like what? None of my local besbuys have a unit or even a dummy unit out but they can sell them. IM really just trying to hold one!

Not only that but the 920 is thrown in the corner with the old wp7 phones. Doesn't even have a sign, gotta ask for it.

I hope my Verizon store gets one out I can play with tomorrow. I really just wanna see how it feels.
    I posted earlier that I spoke to a manager at the local Best Buy, and was told that they were going to have the Verizon Rep in store on Friday for a Windows Phone 8 launch event. Fingers crossed that I have my 8X on or before Friday :D

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

If you read futher down this is what you see
    Windows Phone 8X by HTC available by Thanksgiving in Blue, Red or Black color models for $199.99 with a new two year contract. The Red and Black color models are Verizon Wireless exclusives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezolis View Post
    Windows Phone 8X by HTC – available by Thanksgiving in Blue, Red or Black color models for $199.99 with a new two year contract. The Red and Black color models are Verizon Wireless exclusives.
    But if you read the black and bold print up top, it says "updated" and that they'll be in stores by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezolis View Post
    Windows Phone 8X by HTC – available by Thanksgiving in Blue, Red or Black color models for $199.99 with a new two year contract. The Red and Black color models are Verizon Wireless exclusives.
    That is correct, that is the original portion of the article. The top is the update that was posted just today. They're separate.