Global Posts
    2,732 Global Posts
    Sounds slightly overpriced to me
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

In comparison to the new Lumia prices...**** yeah. Even the off contract prices are more expensive than the new Lumia lineup. What the h3ll HTC???? They potentially lost my bid....but can't say until they both come out and I compare in my hand. Sometimes design means alot.
    I was leaning toward the 8x - the design really speaks to me and I'm willing to overlook the storage and lack of wireless charging. However, since I'd have to buy it off-contract (just used my upgrade for the lumia 900 in April) the anticipated $600 price tag is pretty hard to swallow when compared with $450 for the 920 w/ more storage, wireless charging, and awesome low-light camera performance (I'm not into photography so I'd love to completely replace my point and shoot w/ my phone). Suffice to say, my heart and my eyes are going for the 8x but my wallet and practical side are going for the 920.

i remembered yesterday that HTC has a trade-in program. The lumia 900 is fetching $150 if i buy the HTC by 12/7. The 8x is now back on the the table for me. For those that find the price a bit steep, perhaps you can see how much HTC will give you for your current phone (or sell it yourself)?
    By design...

@ebopeep

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Honestly, the Lumia pricing makes the 8X a poor choice on AT&T unless local storage is absolutely unimportant to you. And I'm saying this as someone who's leaning towards an 8X on Verizon.

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electricbopeep View Post
    I was leaning toward the 8x - the design really speaks to me and I'm willing to overlook the storage and lack of wireless charging. However, since I'd have to buy it off-contract (just used my upgrade for the lumia 900 in April) the anticipated $600 price tag is pretty hard to swallow when compared with $450 for the 920 w/ more storage, wireless charging, and awesome low-light camera performance (I'm not into photography so I'd love to completely replace my point and shoot w/ my phone). Suffice to say, my heart and my eyes are going for the 8x but my wallet and practical side are going for the 920.

i remembered yesterday that HTC has a trade-in program. The lumia 900 is fetching $150 if i buy the HTC by 12/7. The 8x is now back on the the table for me. For those that find the price a bit steep, perhaps you can see how much HTC will give you for your current phone (or sell it yourself)?

If you are thinking about switching to VZW I got $111 tradein for my L900 when I got the iPhone 5.

I think they will give me $350 for my iPhone 5 and im either doing that or going to deal with the hassle of craigslist and get a bit more money when I get my 822 or 8X (Leaning towards the 822 though)
    Quote Originally Posted by fierywater View Post
    Honestly, the Lumia pricing makes the 8X a poor choice on AT&T unless local storage is absolutely unimportant to you. And I'm saying this as someone who's leaning towards an 8X on Verizon.
    you're right. I ended up getting the Lumia. My practical side won out. Might change my mind when I see the 8x in person (hopefully later today).
    By design...

@ebopeep