Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Really thinking retail also. Do you know which colors will be available on release? Verizon is supposed have an exclusive red 8x.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze04 View Post
    Do you know the full off contract price?
    I think retail will be $649.

I'd love to know if we can pre-order at midnight!

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    I think retail will be $649.

I'd love to know if we can pre-order at midnight!
    I don't understand. Many people have been saying you can preorder tonight and release is the 15th. But Verizon usually gives some type of announcement before a preorder starts.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Really the off Contract price is $649? That is surprisingly high given the specs. The Razr HD, Razr M, Galaxy S III, and Galaxy Nexus are all cheaper by $100 to $50. I am surprised that HTC/Verizon would price it higher than all their Android phones. Damn that sucks, because I don't want to lose unlimited data, but with tax I don't want to pay over $700 for a phone. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze04 View Post
    Really the off Contract price is $649? That is surprisingly high given the specs. The Razr HD, Razr M, Galaxy S III, and Galaxy Nexus are all cheaper by $100 to $50. I am surprised that HTC/Verizon would price it higher than all their Android phones. Damn that sucks, because I don't want to lose unlimited data, but with tax I don't want to pay over $700 for a phone. :'(
    I don't think best buys prices are correct.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    I don't understand. Many people have been saying you can preorder tonight and release is the 15th. But Verizon usually gives some type of announcement before a preorder starts.
    I'm agreeing. It's hard because tripz says he works for VZW and that pre-order is tomorrow!

I'm hoping he posts back before midnight!
    I'm agreeing. It's hard because tripz says he works for VZW and that pre-order is tomorrow!

I'm hoping he posts back before midnight!
    Tripz also only has 14 posts on this forum, most if not all from this thread. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. Honestabebread is the known verizon affiliate on here and he's been quiet. I have my doubts about tonight being the big dance.

My local store here (we only have one, its a small town) told me the MS people would be at the store this Saturday doing their training, so lets hope that the 15th date holds true.

Nothing up yet that I can see. Maybe a little later or tomorrow.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Well I'm debating whether to even preorder from Verizon... Because I don't want to risk paying the return fee if the ATIV Odyssey will be better than the 8X...

Please someone answer me if they can about this question. So I'm planning either to buy from Best Buy or Verizon.. And if I upgrade and activate the phone, and then after 5 minutes activate the phone on another line (on the same family plan), will I still be able to return it? I want to keep my unlimited data... So I plan to just put the SIM from my Galaxy Nexus into the 8X. Will it still be returnable? Thanks :D

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    Well I'm debating whether to even preorder from Verizon... Because I don't want to risk paying the return fee if the ATIV Odyssey will be better than the 8X...

Please someone answer me if they can about this question. So I'm planning either to buy from Best Buy or Verizon.. And if I upgrade and activate the phone, and then after 5 minutes activate the phone on another line (on the same family plan), will I still be able to return it? I want to keep my unlimited data... So I plan to just put the SIM from my Galaxy Nexus into the 8X. Will it still be returnable? Thanks :D
    Yes you can still return it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Tripz also only has 14 posts on this forum, most if not all from this thread. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. Honestabebread is the known verizon affiliate on here and he's been quiet. I have my doubts about tonight being the big dance.
    He also sounds like he works for an authorized agent and not a corporate location (like myself)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripz727 View Post
    Heads up the release date for the HTC 8X on verizon is 11/15. Pre-orders on the 8th guys!!!! I am agent for vzw.

Had us all jumpin' for pre-ordering today...weak.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    If this dang phone doesn't hurry up I'm gonna have to snag a galaxy note 2. This is getting a bit silly

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Had us all jumpin' for pre-ordering today...weak.
    Yeah, I think it's banhammer time. :D

(let's just wait until tomorrow to be sure - this is Verizon we're talking about, after all)
    Last edited by fierywater; 11-08-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Preoder been pushed to the 9th. Someone may have jumped the gun. Launch is still the 15th
    Preoder been pushed to the 9th. Someone may have jumped the gun. Launch is still the 15th
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, AND I WILL COME AFTER YOU!

Dont let it happen! lol
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Lol not my fault! I got proof of all the info.
    Lol not my fault! I got proof of all the info.
    lol im kidding, im just glad somebody has an idea of whats going on!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    UPDATE: The Windows Phone 8X by HTC and the Nokia Lumia 822 will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow, November 9, at 1am ET.

Windows Phone 8 - 4G LTE Network

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sabi View Post
    update: The windows phone 8x by htc and the nokia lumia 822 will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow, november 9, at 1am et.

windows phone 8 - 4g lte network
    LOVELY. If you pre-order tomorrow, when do you think they'll ship and we'll receive?

I'm debating whether or not to pre-order tomorrow, or just go to Best Buy on Monday and pick one up! The option with the least wait gets my order!

What do you guys think? I've actually NEVER ordered or pre-ordered a phone online! I always go in-store (Hate the waiting game! ESPECIALLY after dropping $500+ on an item and having to wait!)

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    anyword on what the 8x will charge on. is there a charging plate of some kind?
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    anyword on what the 8x will charge on. is there a charging plate of some kind?
    There IS a charging plate that's wireless, but VZW isn't selling just YET I'm assuming?

I'm wondering if the 920 plate will work with the 8x?

Anyone that works at VZW -

Do you know if the HTC 8X is listed as an "iconic" device? Talked to sales yesterday, she was pushing the 8x hard on me... but she said that iconic devices like the galaxy nexus, galaxy s3 and the iphone are not abled to be billed to the account. I have always billed the hardware to my account and everything. just easier for me and my place of business. if they dont let me bill to the account, might be a problem for me. Thanks in advance for any info.

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooperma View Post
    Anyone that works at VZW -

Do you know if the HTC 8X is listed as an "iconic" device? Talked to sales yesterday, she was pushing the 8x hard on me... but she said that iconic devices like the galaxy nexus, galaxy s3 and the iphone are not abled to be billed to the account. I have always billed the hardware to my account and everything. just easier for me and my place of business. if they dont let me bill to the account, might be a problem for me. Thanks in advance for any info.
    It probably will be an iconic device. Pre order and back orders are unable to be billed to the account. You'll have to wait for it to launch in store if you want to BTA

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast