Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. realityeye's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
       #1  
    Can someone who has actually purchased an 8x let me now if they have Nokia Drive installed on their phone? I rely on Nokia Drive on my N9 (it's awesome) and want to make sure that I can still get turn by turn drive instructions on the 8x.

    I know there is some mention of the OEM deciding to make it available, but I want to know for certain before I actually order one of these.

    Can we purchase it/download it if it is not installed, and how much will it cost?
  2. IEvil IMonkey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #2  
    Nokia Drive says it all!!

    No its not available on the HTC 8X only on Nokia models
  3. realityeye's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by IEvil IMonkey View Post
    Nokia Drive says it all!!

    No its not available on the HTC 8X only on Nokia models
    Okay that is disappointing.
  4. GT2010's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    #4  
    Lol why dont you buy a nokia lumia 920 :dry
    It so much better more features best camera , Good apps , awsome design and better specs thn any other Wp8 phone that ive seen lol
    And it has dolby for sound
    I wna see how htc 8x gona match up to that :giggle:
  5. keizka's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    78 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    Lol why dont you buy a nokia lumia 920 :dry
    It so much better more features best camera , Good apps , awsome design and better specs thn any other Wp8 phone that ive seen lol
    And it has dolby for sound
    I wna see how htc 8x gona match up to that :giggle:
    I'd say both devices have their merits. What I don't understand is why didn't HTC sign up for Nokia Drive on their devices. That really would attract customers :|
  6. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,344 Global Posts
    #6  
    Some of us are on Verizon and don't plan to switch, therefore no 920 for us.
  7. realityeye's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    Lol why dont you buy a nokia lumia 920 :dry
    It so much better more features best camera , Good apps , awsome design and better specs thn any other Wp8 phone that ive seen lol
    And it has dolby for sound
    I wna see how htc 8x gona match up to that :giggle:
    I do want to get the Lumia 920, but it does not seem very pocketable.

    So I was thinking that I would have to have it in my backpack all the time, and I didn't like that idea as much.
  8. morpheus1982's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    199 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by keizka View Post
    I'd say both devices have their merits. What I don't understand is why didn't HTC sign up for Nokia Drive on their devices. That really would attract customers :|
    HTC support tell me that they are working on something. I had to ask as their own turn-by-turn app disappeared from the marketplace.

    Device: O2 HTC Windows Phone 8X 16Gb
  9. SyntaxUnknown's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #9  
    I thought I saw a while ago that Nokia Drive was going to be available for all WP8 devices? Here's a link:

    Windows Phone 8 to use Nokia map data with built-in turn-by-turn navigation (update: deals too) -- Engadget

    Also, my AT&T reception is terrible, so I need to move back to Verizon. I hope they match the 920's price of $99.
  10. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,493 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by realitydistortion View Post
    I do want to get the Lumia 920, but it does not seem very pocketable.

    So I was thinking that I would have to have it in my backpack all the time, and I didn't like that idea as much.
    backpack? I wonder if nokia will release a line of "rollers" like you used to see business people use for their laptops about 10 years ago.

    Me personally, I'll be getting two 920s, one for work and one for home. The idea of my car laboring down the highway with all that extra weight just makes me shudder. And the gas mileage! UGH!
  11. nicooke's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    95 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SyntaxUnknown View Post
    I thought I saw a while ago that Nokia Drive was going to be available for all WP8 devices? Here's a link:

    Windows Phone 8 to use Nokia map data with built-in turn-by-turn navigation (update: deals too) -- Engadget

    Also, my AT&T reception is terrible, so I need to move back to Verizon. I hope they match the 920's price of $99.
    Yea it is open to other manufacturers - it is up to HTC to actually let us have it basically - though I wouldn't be surprised if once enough Lumia's are sold it just goes generally on the Store.
  12. TaliZorah's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    623 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    Lol why dont you buy a nokia lumia 920 :dry
    It so much better more features best camera , Good apps , awsome design and better specs thn any other Wp8 phone that ive seen lol
    And it has dolby for sound
    I wna see how htc 8x gona match up to that :giggle:
    I am now planning on getting the NL822, was going to get the 8X but wow, don't be so bias, the 8X is a great device and people are saying the camera really isn't that much better. Sound is about the same too. I don't understand why Nokia fans act like there is nothing that even compares... Well the 8X actually does compare to the L920 very well.
  13. TaliZorah's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    623 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by SyntaxUnknown View Post
    I thought I saw a while ago that Nokia Drive was going to be available for all WP8 devices? Here's a link:

    Windows Phone 8 to use Nokia map data with built-in turn-by-turn navigation (update: deals too) -- Engadget

    Also, my AT&T reception is terrible, so I need to move back to Verizon. I hope they match the 920's price of $99.
    If you are dedicated to Nokia check out the 822, it's not a bad device at all. The ONLY bad thing I see with it is the 480x800 resolution. Outside of that it has the same size battery (1800 mAh) as the 8x, also has wireless charging like VZW's version of the 8x, has the same 1.5GHz dual-core processor, and it has expandable memory to 64GB unlike the 8X where you are stuck with 16GB.

    I mean if you move back to VZW it's not a bad little phone. Probably get better battery life with the clear-black than the LCD 2 also.

Posting Permissions

B