Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey,

Sorry to keep posting items re/GPS nav but I was googling around and saw that HTC phones running Windows 7 have a program called HTC Locations which does turn-by-turn navigation with voice guidance.

Does this app come with the 8X? Here's a video from youtube showing it in action:

It should be in the marketplace for all HTC phones. It's a paid service though and from what I understand, not as good as Nokia Drive. Really hoping HTC comes through here.
    The best GPS program I have found is navigon. I've tried them all except for Nokia drive cause I don't have a Nokia but I would check out navigon or garmin apps they both have there good and bad but I perfer navigon

Sent from my"htc titan" using Board Express

Hopefully HTC is working on bigger screen and bigger storage plus bigger battery. 8X+ ??

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have used them all and trust me Nokia drive is the best amongst them all. Period

HTC Locations is only available for WP7 devices at the moment...

I have used HTC locations and it is not that great.

If you are going to buy an 8X and want a super GPS buy NAVIGON, that works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I have used HTC locations and it is not that great.

If you are going to buy an 8X and want a super GPS buy NAVIGON, that works great.
    I can't see Navigon on the store for WP8. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by nicooke View Post
    I can't see Navigon on the store for WP8. Am I missing something?
    I believe Navigon is incompatible with WP8 due to use of native code - so they need to release WP8 version.
    Yeah navigon is defiantly my favorite got my first taste of Nokia drive and I don't like it
    Navigon for wp8 is out !!!!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Navigon is good, especially with its locally stored maps. Garmin Street Pilot is also first class.

As to the phone, there is zero need for one of those ridiculous giant screens - this is a phone not a tablet.

Loved Nokia Drive, used it a lot, and when I had to change my phone the Nokia Lumina was out of stock so I was persuaded to go for the HTC as I was told Nokia Drive was being made available for it (we all know how that story ended !). I have looked at Navigon but it uses the battery faster then my charger can charge it and it costs over £50. HTC Locations isn't in the App store yet either. :(

Used HTC Locations for over a year on my Trophy 7 with no problems. Even paid for the navigation service as I felt it worked well and I like the UI. Just got my new HTC 8X and was super disappointed to learn that HTC Locations is not available for WP8. I looked at the Nokia 920 but it is simply too large, I'll buy a tablet when I want one!
    Come on HTC! Give is some navigation on WP8 please!
    Btw, looked at Navigon but only see Autralia, Europe and USA version in the App Store. I'm in Africa...!

Quote Originally Posted by NevilleWP View Post
    Used HTC Locations for over a year on my Trophy 7 with no problems. Even paid for the navigation service as I felt it worked well and I like the UI. Just got my new HTC 8X and was super disappointed to learn that HTC Locations is not available for WP8. I looked at the Nokia 920 but it is simply too large, I'll buy a tablet when I want one!
    Come on HTC! Give is some navigation on WP8 please!
    Btw, looked at Navigon but only see Autralia, Europe and USA version in the App Store. I'm in Africa...!
    Is Here Drive not available where you are? I very much doubt HTC will do anything now. Also, Copilot is coming soon...

Device: O2 HTC Windows Phone 8X 16Gb