Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hello,

Just a little bit of info for you all about the 8X if you are in the UK.

I went to my local Phones4U this morning and intended to pick it up Sim Free. Their computer system wouldn't let them sell it as a Sim Free phone, however they would sell it as a PAYG phone.

The phone is £369.95 however you have to buy it with a PAYG Sim with a minimum £10. The phone is unlocked for any network.

Total cost £379.95 which is still cheaper than Handtec/Expansys..etc.

My nearest store didn't have any in stock, but another semi-nearby had 1 of each colour.

Hope this helps!

Ben.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benryder View Post
    Hello,

Just a little bit of info for you all about the 8X if you are in the UK.

I went to my local Phones4U this morning and intended to pick it up Sim Free. Their computer system wouldn't let them sell it as a Sim Free phone, however they would sell it as a PAYG phone.

The phone is £369.95 however you have to buy it with a PAYG Sim with a minimum £10. The phone is unlocked for any network.

Total cost £379.95 which is still cheaper than Handtec/Expansys..etc.

My nearest store didn't have any in stock, but another semi-nearby had 1 of each colour.

Hope this helps!

Ben.
    Yeah I did the same, not sure when they have the yellow in but that will be sim free I imagine

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    It's not on their site. I went in a store yesterday in Letterkenny Ireland and they didn't have any WP8 phones or demo units.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I went to their store in the Trafford centre Manchester on Saturday, they said they couldn't sell me one sim free or PAYG, got one from th O2 shop instead - same price

Yeah they said as it was a new phone they could only sell them on contract.