Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87
Like Tree5Likes
  1. hailst0rm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
       #1  
    Surprised we haven't started one of these.

    Got my HTC 8X today. Couldn't be happier with it. Pictures don't really do it justice. Feels just about the right weight in my hand.

    Rang up Phones4u first thing and reserved one. Price was really good at 370 on PAYG.
    yehiahassan likes this.
  2. Coreldan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,000 Posts
    #2  
    Gratz! Now go preach the gospel to the heretics (that dont use WP :D)!

    Which color?
    jleebiker likes this.
  3. kregstrong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    #3  
    Hurry Verizon.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    11B1P likes this.
  4. Smg-Uk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    191 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hailst0rm View Post
    Surprised we haven't started one of these.

    Got my HTC 8X today. Couldn't be happier with it. Pictures don't really do it justice. Feels just about the right weight in my hand.

    Rang up Phones4u first thing and reserved one. Price was really good at 370 on PAYG.
    What networks do they do it for on PAYG? I am tempted to cancel my Handtec order and go an get one tomorrow.

    What Colours do they have?

    Congrats by the way :D maybe you could answer a question for me because I can't wait lol does the Notification LED flash for texts?
  5. hailst0rm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
       #5  
    I got it in Blue. I loved the look of it even when I was considering the Lumia 920.

    I only know that they had it in Blue or Black. The guy in the store handed me a Black version to have a quick look at when I arrived. I didn't ask what else they had as I was already decided.

    I'm actually coming from an iPhone but can't wait to show this off to people.
  6. DJRedLine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    141 Posts
    #6  
    Just got mine from phones 4 U. Black model.
  7. #7  
    Got sim free from clove delivered today. The blue one, the hardware is great, the screen is great, works great......looking forward to the App Store improving over the next few months.

    I wanted the nokia 920 but am not impressed with nokia giving EE exclusivity so stuff em.......happy with the 'next best thing'
  8. benryder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    #8  
    Are PAYG HTC 8X phones locked to the network you buy them on?

    Never bought a PAYG phone before, but want to get the 8X on Three. Just trying to work out which is the cheapest way of doing it. Phones4U seem cheap at 379 but wasn't sure if that was sim-locked.

    Ben.
  9. Krumpett's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #9  
    Hiya

    Coming back to the Wndows fold after years on it then trying an iPhone. I was looking round town all day today and phones4u seems to be the best deal for the 8x. 2 stores assured me its fully unlocked, but you never know. They were also saying the Lumia 820 had 32Gb of storage!

    I may get one tomorrow and will let you know if I do. For now its just the Sat Nav that is making me hold out for a Nokia
    Last edited by Krumpett; 11-03-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Typo
  10. tr1ckyboy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #10  
    Hello,

    So it has gyro or not ?

    And what u think about battery life ?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by tr1ckyboy; 11-03-2012 at 02:05 PM.
  11. #11  
    Phones4U is sim unlocked, bought one today (returned due to screen problems, separate post appearing soon) and put in my O2 sim and worked fine.
  12. #12  
    Engadget confirmed that it does have a gyro.
  13. DonMorris's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #13  
    I went to two Phones4U stores today and they told me that I could not buy the 8x Sim free because they could not scan the purchase on their systems. I'm not sure how that became my problem but ill try again tomorrow.

    As for the gyro both Engadget and Verge confirmed that it is there.
  14. mberdych's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #14  
    Battery life is just about average, or below average. I would say similar to my iPhone 4s. 2 push mails active, 50+ emails a day delivered, 20 answered on the phone, bit browsing, 1 hour music, wifi active half of the time, bluetooth on, 5 short calls, I would get something like 18-20 hours from it.

    Issue I have is that within 2 days I have it already had 2 sudden reboots. Both caused when connected to in-car bluetooth (but not actually calling). Quite disappointment. In terms of camera, I would say is average, low lights below average.
  15. josepmanel1983's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by whenimcleaningwindows View Post
    Got sim free from clove delivered today. The blue one, the hardware is great, the screen is great, works great......looking forward to the App Store improving over the next few months.

    I wanted the nokia 920 but am not impressed with nokia giving EE exclusivity so stuff em.......happy with the 'next best thing'
    Hey there! I ordered mine on Clove Uk yesterday (Friday) and when I look at the status it says 'process'. When did u order it to get it delivered so soon? I suppose mine hasn't shipped yet. You wouldn't happen to remember the steps your order went through before u actually got it delivered...



    Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express
  16. agolding's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #16  
    picked up a blue one on friday, awesome handset, feels amazing in the hand, battery seems better than my lumia 800 thats for sure.
  17. poddie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    207 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #17  
    I would feel better if someone who personally owns one could verify the gyroscope... the articles mention it in passing rather than making a real point of it.
  18. hipporama's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    251 Posts
    #18  
    Damn it. Reading all these posts is making me restless. The 8x is launching here in India within the next 10 days from what I've heard. Cannot WAIT. What a gorgeous phone!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by josepmanel1983 View Post
    Hey there! I ordered mine on Clove Uk yesterday (Friday) and when I look at the status it says 'process'. When did u order it to get it delivered so soon? I suppose mine hasn't shipped yet. You wouldn't happen to remember the steps your order went through before u actually got it delivered...



    Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express
    Ordered on Friday, delivered on Saturday by rm special delivery. Did you order blue? That's the only one they had in stock for immediate dispatch.
  20. #20  
    A day of use..............

    Still love the hardware, feels great in the hand. The only problem is I am used to android and iPhone and I find the software poor, very antiquated, and poor app support.

    However, it's early days for wp8 so provided the app support comes over the next few weeks....yes weeks not months then it will take off. Otherwise people will move to apple or android.

    Loving the tiles however!
  21. josepmanel1983's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by whenimcleaningwindows View Post
    Ordered on Friday, delivered on Saturday by rm special delivery. Did you order blue? That's the only one they had in stock for immediate dispatch.

    Yes, I ordered the blue one but it was the first time I ever ordered anything with them, so they sent me an email requiring I emailed them my driving license but I'm on holidays and I'll be back on Monday. I replied straight away telling them that and they said my order was then ready to be progressed and that I'd be emailed a tracking number on Monday (maybe an automated reply). Let's see how things go tomorrow, I can't wait!
  22. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by josepmanel1983 View Post
    Yes, I ordered the blue one but it was the first time I ever ordered anything with them, so they sent me an email requiring I emailed them my driving license but I'm on holidays and I'll be back on Monday. I replied straight away telling them that and they said my order was then ready to be progressed and that I'd be emailed a tracking number on Monday (maybe an automated reply). Let's see how things go tomorrow, I can't wait!
    Maybe you were just 'dip sampled' for full security check. It's happened to me before with simply electronics.

    Anyway, looks like your sorted now. :)
  23. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #23  
    If you don't have the Limegreen or Red one nobody cares. Dammit this limegreen seems to be some kind of mystical being or something I want to see it.
  24. OptimusNotPrime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #24  
    I'm coming from the galaxy Nexus. Really wanting to try the windows phones, just worried about apps.
  25. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #25  
    You have reason to be worried. The apps are worse, more expensive or just plain don't exist.

    I pretend there's no apps.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B