Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

I am so excited for mine to arrive in the ma tomorrow. My wife and I, in our 20's, finally made the move to buy our first smartphones. We felt like dinosaurs when we were ordering the phone becasue we are upgrading from flip phones. It was about time, and I did not want to go with an Iphone.

As I anticipate the arrival of these phones, I am doing a lot of research into cases. I plan on either being an otterbox defender or incipio case. I have a bad habit of dropping my phone and need allt he protection I can get. Anyone have any insight into the incipio dual pro and if it compares to the otterbox?

On a related note, I am looking for a clutch/wallet case for my wife, and was wondering if anyone had found something that was elegant but fun and was suitable for this phone?

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am from the Philippines and I finally got mine last Thursday! I've really been wanting this phone and had a hard time searching for its availability here! But finally I got my hands on it!

I'm really happy with my 8X! Very good deal!

Just picked mine up, fed ex was scheduled to deliver to my home today, but the package arrived 'after couriers departed' so took a little time off work to go get it. Its sitting next to me charging, cant wait to get it home and actually turn it on for real! I stared at the 'lets get started' screen, how crisp it was, then went and looked at my Thunderbolt running an WP8 launcher. I swear I think I saw it shed a tear! Form really rocks now that I can freely hold it! Looking forward to setting it up, especially with my xbox account. Oh, and yea, I got the blue. The red looked pukeish to me, and the black was too ordinary. Verizon carrier by the way.
    I finally got my red 8x about an hour ago.

The blue one is going back tomorrow :)

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    I got my gray and yellow 8x yesterday and I am enjoying it immensely! The more I use it the more awesome it gets. I am coming from, in reverse order, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible. The Bionic was my favorite of those 3 and the Nexus, the one I just gave up for the 8x, was my least favorite. It was losing its connectivity 4 to 5 times a day and having to be rebooted. I read all I could get my hands on before deciding to try a different OS and decided on the 8x. I really like it so I sincerely hope it doesn't disappoint in the reliability department! Praying for a long and healthy relationship with this handsome phone. :-)

I just got mine delivered yesterday. I miss my Trophy because it was such a great phone, but the feeling is already starting to dissipate from how incredible the 8X is. Awesome phone!

Global Posts
    1,861 Global Posts
    Bye bye Trophy...You will be missed... but, I welcome my new HTC 8X in black (didn't want to deal with the discoloring) that I got on ebay for....get this....$175 US. It works perfect and I get to keep my unlimited data !
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Got my blue one sim free from amazon for 399
    regards
    Russ

Global Posts
    2,159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Bye bye Trophy...You will be missed... but, I welcome my new HTC 8X in black (didn't want to deal with the discoloring) that I got on ebay for....get this....$175 US. It works perfect and I get to keep my unlimited data !
    175????!!! Want!

Global Posts
    1,861 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    175????!!! Want!
    Trust me don't think you will see that again...the seller thought it was broken because the display didn't come on. So I offered $175 thinking I would have to fix it. I found out the battery was completely dead on it. After a hard rest and 2-3 hours to charge it, it works perfect. And it's still under warrany and with my insurance with extended warranty, I have a 2 year warranty on it (it was picked up in a verizon store), this was truly a epic deal...

One of the better deals I have gotten on eBay in years.
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 01-06-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

I got mine on Christmas. Just found this forum today!

Alrighty, got my 8X on Friday the 4th, so this is my 4th day with it, and I am really really happy with my decision to go this way instead of DNA. I am especially happy with Beats! Can't believe how much of a difference it really makes. Ran the same song, same earbuds on both my old TB and then on this, night and day! Was worried about the lack of true customization, but the tiles just seem to work, I can't explain how they manage to do exactly what I need. And maybe thats what it is, they do what I need, not what I want (which often isn't what I need!) I really enjoy the live tiles for xbox and the music player, the animations are great. Setting up tiles for groups and individuals are also crazy good.

What surprises me is that I don't need as many apps as I had on my TB. The integration of social networks really makes a difference. And the Office and One Note also reduce the need for apps. I haven't put any games on yet, want to find ones that integrate with my xbox, the whole "take it on the road" thing.

Again, really impressed with the whole OS, its really a major improvement to either iOS or Android! Really pleased with the whole system, design and operations work great.

Im jerry, and this is my windows phone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130108_0001.jpg  
    Westiemom likes this.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234