Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    There's already stated that US customers of Verizon will get wireless charging 8X's.

Are there any news, rumors or anything that points to at least a tiny chance HTC will sell wireless charging plates/covers for all of us with buying 8X's unlocked or with other carriers around the world? It would be great if they did...

I haven't heard anything about it. I could see it happening somewhere outside of the US but I would not be surprised if VZW is the only one with it inside the US. I am sure VZW paid something to HTC for the exclusivity rights.

At least for a year or something.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I'd be mighty surprised if they did release wireless charging covers for the 8X since we're talking about a single piece molded unibody; thus the wireless capabilities of Verizon's 8X is built-in and probably exclusively. The 8X wasn't designed like the Lumia 822, which intended to have interchangeable covers (some with integrated wireless charging).
    webOS refugee

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    I guess you are right. The wireless charging is built-in on the Verizon variants. It could be great for us with 8X's (a black one is on the way) to discover that the wireless charging is in there, but just disabled :D